Sunday, February 13, 2005

And breathe...

This weekend Dwayne and I went to our "refresher" Lamaze class. Lots of breathing exercises. Can't say we'll use all of them, but the class was definitely good to go to. It helped put our minds in the right frame of mind of going through labor again. Dwayne was an awesome labor coach last time and I know he'll be just as good this time too!
We also got to watch the wonderful birthing video at our class. WOW- it's amazing to watch a baby come out that way! I can't believe we women actually stretch that big!!!

So I think we are all set and ready to go for the baby to come. I have been NESTING big time at our house! All the baby's clothes are washed and organized in the drawers: the crib and bassinet are made and ready; changing table is fully stocked and organized; house has been cleaned top to bottom (ok- I did have help with that one); and hospital bags are getting packed this week.
Now with 4 weeks left, what the heck do I have left to do?!?
Well my crazy little nesting preganant self will probably reorganize all those drawers and changing tables twenty times, as well as rearranging the nursery a few times also.
I am seriously hoping this baby comes sooner than 4 weeks! Not just because I'm uncomfortable and ready, but for everyone's sanity in the house as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It IS amazing watching a baby being born! You'll do just fine with your breathing and birthing. As for hoping the baby comes sooner than the 4 weeks, there will be a day when you'll be wishing you only had one little one to take care of, not 2! But I know that you are uncomfortable and that you're looking forward to holding your baby boy. Love, Mom

Mama Duck said...

Oh yeah, your mum makes a great point...think about Sophie and The Boy all at once...screaming, crying, running about, tearing things apart...much easier to keep him contained. (((grin)))