Sunday, February 20, 2005

Baby shower

Some of our dear friends gave us a baby shower this Saturday. We had a nice time and received some lovely gifts for our baby boy to come: Lots of adorable clothes, a photo album, toys, pacifiers, a jumbo pack of diapers and wipes, and hockey sticks & pucks. (Oh I think we know who the hockey stuff is REALLY for!)
And my favorite part of course was all the delicious food!! Our host made a special Indian vegetarian dish for me that was superb- made with lentils and some other good stuff. One of my other favorites was the artichoke dip. I got the recipe and will post it later- super easy to make!

Unfortunately our little Sophie got sick on Friday and was not a very happy camper for the party. I picked her up from school on Thursday and she and one other child were the only ones left- all the other kids were sick at home or got sent home with fevers. Argh! I knew it was a matter of time before Sophie got it too. So Friday she had a fever and slept on me all day. The only nice thing about it was that I got to lay around on the couch almost the whole day Friday while she slept on me. Watched a lot of high quality TV shows- E! True Hollywood Stories, VH1 Most Embarrassing Moments of 2004, the Inside Story of Survivor (ok, I've never even watched Survivor but I really liked the "inside" story on it), and other good shows like that.
So she has been a big crab during the days and keeping us up at night... hopefully she'll get better soon!!

This momma is tired now and will have to tell more later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Sophie starts feeling better soon!