Monday, April 09, 2007

bright eyed and bunny eared

since holden turned two...

he awakes before dawn.
he’s given up his pacifier to sleep in a big boy bed. so now instead of the 15 minute routine of stories then lying down in the crib and sucking his way to dreamland, it’s an hour and many many tries to get him to sleep.
he’s sleeping 2 hours less at nap time and is nothing but crabby the rest of the day.
he can scream for close to an hour nonstop (with intermittent whining it can go on for much longer)
he tries to throw tantrums regularly and it can only be hilarious because it’s so damn ANNOYING!
he likes to cause mischief and does so round the clock. imagine a ping pong ball bouncing from one disaster to the next…
his favorite word is "shit" now that he knows it's bad.

We try to get out of the house everyday, but doing that can take well over an hour. everything has to be a fight. Getting the right color of sippy cup, getting him dressed and changed, eating, brushing his teeth, etc etc…every single freaking step is a fight.
he’s two and that’s just what it is.
I still love him even though I threaten to kill him everyday under my breath and I’m ready for a drink by 10am.


I’ve been so busy, swamped in correcting my children and their horrible behaviors right now, I just don’t get a chance to sit down.
No time to upload pictures and blog even though I’ve had a bijillion things running around in my mind that I’ve wanted to say and share. It’s one of my ways to decompress and I miss it.

I’ve been having a lot more anxiety lately. panic attacks that leave me on the floor. I’m thinking about calling the dr about medicine but I’m scared.
April is a busy mofo of a month and I’m running and running to keep up with the runaway train.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that I'm the first to post a comment!
Most of H's behaviors right now are probably related to his lack of sleep. (The same is probably true for you and me as well.)
Remember when Sophie went through the same phase when she gave her paci up? You know it will get better - this phase won't last forever. Take deep breaths and take one day at a time, one hour at a time if necessary.

Melanie said...

You're brave. My son is 27 months old and he is still in a crib. Mostly because I'm too lazy to fight the battle you describe. I'm too busy fighting all those other battles like you are. I feel better knowing that your two year old and mine are doing the same things. He is really testing me lately!

Spikey1 said...

I can tell you about my problems if you want???

Christie E. Little said...

Wow...

Now you know why it's been weeks since my last post. Panic attacks are my deal these days. However...I've been working through it. I did do the meds. Some people think it's the "easy way out," but it's not. It's work, but it helps. Like my doctor says...medicine is fine. Life shouldn't be that hard. Oh and I began a therapist, too. It's better than anything. I hope you feel better.
Love
C

Rhonda said...

Anxiety attacks are a sure sign that you should get some meds. I promise it helps. Hang in there. Surely he can't be like this forever.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

i agree with texas mom meds might be a good thing!

Love the bunny ears on Holden! Ahh the wonderful world of 2!

Fabnormal said...

I.feel.you.

Anonymous said...

Two can be a sweet age, but it's also an age of tremendous transition. Cut yourself some slack. You feel tired because he feels tired.

Mone said...

A man I love dearly once told me, "choose your battles you want to fight about wisely"
I would NEVER have had that fight about the paci. Time came and he gave it up by himself.

Unknown said...

Drink up, bitches!!!

(did that make you feel better?)

Kat said...

Shit. As usual I am way late to comment.

Girl, if you are having panic attacks, go to the doctor! Nothing wrong with it! You need a break - I would be insane!

You are an amazing woman, wife, friend, sister, daughter and mother.

As always, I applaud you for being so honest out here! So many other people go through what you are going through and are too scared to admit it.

Remember please, I am always around with not much to do if you need to call and chat/vent/scream/cry.

You ARE coming this weekend, right? I will make sure you are pampered and happy!!!! :)