Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm here.
But obviously, I haven't been.

It's been a blur of busy busy days.
Lots of work, some company, cooking, shopping, prepping, feasting, coffee drinking, wine tastings,
errand running, and many "sex and the city" nights. :)

I like the holiday season. but at the same time I despise it.
stress and more stress
the nagging pressure you feel everytime you walk into a store after halloween- decorated with christmas everythings everywhere, bombarding your mind with the songs, the flashy displays, and monster sales.
the lines and crowds at every corner you turn
the traveling about with two demanding young Lummins
getting my christmas cards out on time

what I cherish-
the smells,
the traditions,
being with family,
the food and drinks,
the young ones' faces on christmas morning :)

Happy Season Ya'll!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

First bitches.

But like I just talked to you this afternoon so you know all my thoughts. On everything.

Now I'm just drunk (bad Sugar Daddy) and happy...good night and have a drinkie-poo whenever you get that overwhelmed feeling. Hell, we're done having kids, we deserve it.

mdvelazquez said...

TKW you're killing me!

I shop online to avoid the crowds. It relieves the stress and prevents me from being a green santa.

Fabnormal said...

I.feel.you Girl.

Kami said...

What Mean Coffee said.

Rhonda said...

Ah, a theme. You, Kami, and me -- all gots the stress.

Elizabeth said...

Stress is a muthah.

I am with TKW. Have a drink and wake up in January.

Anonymous said...

It's the most stressful time of the year and it's not likely to change. Wish it would.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're still here.

Kat said...

Stress? Yeah, I'm up to my eyballs in it as well. :P

Tis the season and all that... :P

Like TKW said, drinking cures all ails. :)

Christie E. Little said...

I just bought a Yankee Candle Christmas Cookies and my kitchen smells like the holidays. I'm telling you..One light of the candle and the stress releases..lol.

Ok..that and a little sippy of the winey...:)

Christie E. Little said...

I just bought a Yankee Candle Christmas Cookies and my kitchen smells like the holidays. I'm telling you..One light of the candle and the stress releases..lol.

Ok..that and a little sippy of the winey...:)

Nap Queen said...

I wish my family just wouldn't do gifts. It stresses me out, and we don't NEED anything.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I love the holiday season yet I dont same reasons minus the demanding children!

Christie E. Little said...

Thinking of you...
xoxo