Saturday, November 11, 2006

THE WEEKEND UPDATE AND WORD CHALLENGE

UPDATES
After a near two week excursion to Europe, traveling throughout London, Paris, and Germany, the Lum Man of the House returned home to an overly excited family. The Little Lummins were completely ecstatic, each vying for their spot in Daddy's arms and fist fighting for his attention. I waited patiently and got my piece of Dwayne too.

while Dwayne was abroad I was wondering why, WHY didn't I find a way to join him...I could have kept myself busy taking photograph after phtotograph throughout the foreign streets, parading through boutiques , museums, and streetside cafes while he worked.
kicking myself! Next year I'm gonna get smarter and drop off the kids at my parents if I get the opportunity to go.


WEEKEND WORD CHALLENGE
created by OddMix this week's words are conform and rebel.

conform
conforming
The leaves conform to the rules of the season, Fall. falling from the trees and lining up against the wall.

but Fall is deceivious in these parts. Even though we are now way into November the temperatures neared 90 degrees this past week...

rebels
butterflies can look good in sepia too

rebelling
Rebellious to the season,
the butterflies and bees covering the flowers- they're everywhere!
Not the usual symbols for Fall.
But we do live in Austin, Texas, so anything goes...

and at least it's not snowing here!


p.s. I cannot switch to Beta Blogger people. it says I can't.
know any tricks??

16 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I have no idea why you cant switch neither could missing jt snow maybe someone gave her a fix for that.

Yeah for Mr. Lummin to be home!

Nap Queen said...

That last photo of the bee is incredible!!! I love it. I agree, you SHOULD figure out a way to go next time. (And I'll hitch a ride in your suitcase!)

Elizabeth said...

I am glad your hubs is back.

Uh yeah, you need to go next time.

Unknown said...

The butterfly and bee pictures ROCK.

Kami said...

Very nice photos, girlie.

No idea why you can't switch.

Kat said...

Yay for Dwayne being home! Love the pictures!!! :)

When I tried to switch, it took a couple tries before it took.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Fantastic photo of the bee; it's stunning!!

Christie E. Little said...

I love your pictures!

Anonymous said...

Outstanding photos by an outstanding person!!! Love ya!!!

Steph said...

Awesome pics. Why the hell did you NOT GO with your man ? Next year you must go oh & can I go too ?

Anonymous said...

I understand how you would want to be with Dwayne and yet...torn about leaving the kids. Beautiful pics.

Memphis said...

You should definitely go next year. Love the photos and the whole idea of the word challenge.

I haven't switched to Beat so I don't know what could be wrong. I also don't know why people switch. I guess I'm mostly satisfied, but eventually I'll have to follow you into Betaland.

Tink said...

Those pictures are beautiful!! What kind of camera do you use?

TheStolenOlive said...

Your pictures are beautiful. And I think I would definitely find a way to go next year.

Cat said...

Wow glad to hear hubby is back, he sounds like he travels as much as mine does. I haven't gone with mine yet either, I am going to start going! Especially if he goes abroad again!!!

Take care!

Delirious said...

photographs in ur blog as beautiful as my dreams