Friday, February 23, 2007

little Lummin updates~


he's hard to catch
Holden
so close to two. and he never stops going.
He's already gotten the 2-year old charm. you know, like throwing screaming-at-the-top-of-his-lung tantrums that can last long past twenty minutes.
and are thrown over NOTHING
So help me god I've tried turning the radio up full blast and rolling down the windows to make him shut the f up so I can drive without feeling like a train wreck waiting to happen. I hate when he wails in the car so blasted loud. I've learned to deal, but still feel quite on edge and ready to get the hell home whenever he does.

The boy is hilarious though. Imitates his big sister and irritates her too.
He loves exploring and pretend play, and is still quite obsessed and fasicinated with trains and trucks.
we call him Mr. messy for a reason. he uses his food for paint and clay and various displays of art, treats for the dogs, projectiles and weapons, and decoration for his clothes.
It's physicaly impossible for him to stay clean for 2 minutes.

He weighs about as much as Sophie and still wants to be carried like baby when he's tired.
but I carry him up the 25 stairs. I love the snuggle time at the end of the day, when he cuddles up tight and rocks in my lap while we read. when he wants me to read story after story before bedtime.
I want to freeze frame those moments forever. remember the smell, the color, the feel, the warmth and closeness.




her mop of crazy curls
Sophie, Crazy Curls, now has a few more imaginary friends. Along with Eddie, we have Freddie and just recently Eddie's sister, Nettie.
oh. kay.
And she also pretends to be a dog.
Sounds typical for a 3 year old imagination.
But Sophie's imagination is wilder than the typical. she walks around on all fours throughout most of the day. barking.
She refuses so be called Sophie and you must call whatever dog-of-the-day name she's chosen. usually rotating names are used such as Cocoa, Lucky, Astro, or Lady.
Last week I awoke to Cocoa barking in her room until I let her out.
That day she also balked at peeing on the potty. because "dogs don't pee on potties, they pee outside."
Yes, and dogs can wear muzzles and stay in dog crates.


I just go with the flow.
For these are phases. And like all before, they slowly pass and new delightful and or sometimes awful ones emerge.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as they don't make you leave her out the front tied up when you go shopping, you'll be ok.

xxx

Sheri & SuZan said...

"and dogs can wear muzzles and stay in dog crates"

Bwahahahahahahahah...that was great!

Elizabeth said...

THE CURLS.

Love the curls.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Oh they are getting so big!

My nephew and neice both had the dog thing going. It is such a little kid trait!

Oh and my nephew last summer was convinced he was a dog and he would pee outside on all 4, yes my sil was horrified! HORRIFIED! What can you do though! Kids!

Anonymous said...

Ooh Jackie you make my heart sing!
What a lovely script to read on a cold Canadian morning in February.

Your babies are truly loved and it is evident in your description of their antics.

I don't ever remember their Daddy being messy as a child so it must be your side of the family. Ha Ha - how's that for guilt tripping.

Love from the frozen north.
Jackie M

Spikey1 said...

Actually I didnt find it that cold this morning... anyway, I wish The Girl would spring some curls like that but alas, she is blessed with my gene on that one.. Straight as an arrow! Be well. mnm

Rhonda said...

Just hope she doesn't hike her leg and pee on your sofa.

Kami said...

I do not miss those for nothing tantrums. At. All. OMG.

They are so cute.

Anonymous said...

I survived the dog phase fairly well. It is the Dinosaur phase that wore me out.

Anonymous said...

My 4 y/o still likes to scream at me in the car. He drives me to drink.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my little lummins! I can't wait to see them in March!! Tell Lucky, Cocoa, Lady, whatever the current dog name is... that I will bring her a dog biscuit if she is really good. HA!! Actually, I have a cute little doggie purse for her. Maybe she'll decide to be a little girl again.

As for H, I'm really looking forward to the look on his face when I bring those Xmas toys you left here. He's going to have so much fun with the trucks. I was able to get ALL of the toys in 2 big suitcases!!

Kat said...

Hahahaha! They are getting so big! Love her curls!

Well, hopefully she won't start marking her territory... :P

Ryan occasionally decides he's baby Jaguar from Diego...

Ah, the wailing temper tantrums... kind of makes me feel better about all the poop the kittens are leaving around the apartment, at least they are quiet. :P

Love ya girl!

Unknown said...

Holden and Peanut are indeed two of a kind. I think it would be extremely dangerous to get the two of them together.

Wendy said...

I am so glad other people's kids act like dogs too! Mine is 80% dog and 20% boy right now. We are getting so tired of "puppy" as he calls himself barking and carrying on. It helps to know i'm not alone.