Monday, March 05, 2007

away


Mark down another milestone in the Lum household...
yesterday was the first time ever Sophie wore a real ponytail.

Lately I've been working with her hair trying to tame the wild beasties.
She doesn't wear barettes, or rubberbands, or anything in her hair for very long. they all fall out and then she looks like the bride of frankenstein with her hairs sticking up and out in every direction.
Last week I started using "product" in her hair. Some Curly magic goo that works wonders. A little water, a little magic goo, and some finger scrunching. Then her curls take life and form perfect ringlets around her head!
so cute.

But back to yesterday..
I started to brush Sophie's mane together and just for fun decided to try and pull it up into a ponytail.
A real ponytail on top of her head with a whole handful of hair... and oh my, it worked! and then I started to tear up.
For my little curly-headed baby, is not and never will be a baby again.
She was born bald and stayed that way her first year of life. Even when her hair began to grow, it stayed the same length as it curled up. she's never even had a haircut.

But now she's a girl. A big girl who can wear real ponytails.

sniff

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture! Such motion and grace...

Spikey1 said...

I cant wait... let me deal with the teeth first though.

Anonymous said...

This will be the first of many teary-eyed moments you will have as a mom. Believe me, I'm that way now just remembering you as a little girl like Sophie!

Unknown said...

OMG! That tutu is just fabulous!!! Where in the WORLD can I get one like it?!?!?!

Congrats on the ponytail!!! Welcome to the Big Girls' Hair Club!!!

Fabnormal said...

aww! Too cute.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

so very exciting! I love her hair! and of course sophie looks awesome in her tutu!

Elizabeth said...

Now how fucking cute is that, I ask ya? Too cute. Way too cute.

Love it.

Kat said...

That picture is absolutely beautiful! You have some serious talent my dear! :)

Yay for pony tails and boo for sad moments. :P

Kat said...

Oh, and if you want a wee one to take care of, I'll be more than happy to get you a kitten. :) hee-hee-hee

Nap Queen said...

How sweet!!! I love that photo. It's gorgeous.

razz said...

Aww that is just too cute!



The Work At Home life

World Of Mom