Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I've got the Blogging Blues

It's been hard for me to blog a lot because my wrists and forearms have been killing me. I went to the doctor and I now have to wear wrist splints for my carpal tunnel syndrome, as well as going to a physical therapist. Yikes, like when am I going to squeeze that in?!? Let's just hope they are kid friendly there.
So it's pretty hard and very slow to type with these things on.

But anyway. It's getting cold outside...brrrrr. We are staying in, keeping warm, and trying to get over our colds. I feel like we have all been sick so much. We'll get better and have a good week of everyone well and then someone starts with the coughing and runny nose again. Then before you know it we've all got it again. Argh!

So Holden can say "mamma" now and can pull himself up into a standing position. He loves to eat finger foods and is a happy little guy.
Sophie is CONSTANTLY taking away whatever toy he's playing with. She has more than enough toys of her own, but for some reason the one Holden has is always more appealing. It could be a piece of dirt or a puddle of spit, but as long as Holden is happy playing with it she has to come snatch it away and ruin his good times.
Very frustrating.
It'll only get better when Holden learns to snatch them back and run away.

And that's about all the news for today.

8 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Hope your hands and wrists feel better soon. That stinks that you now have to go to Physical therepy just what a mama of two little one needs in her schedule.

Oh goodness it will definitly be funny when Holden starts reacting back to her. She is not going to know what hit her!

Spikey1 said...

I can see you sitting there typing away with one finger... peck, peck, peck. :)

Kat said...

carpal tunnel? That blows!!! I know that typing is a bit of a bitch right now, but where are your snow pictures my dear? I remember in college you made fun of us southerners for closing everything down any time there was a little ice on the road. I was looking forward to seeing you in the snow. :)

Beth said...

Bummer, I hope the physical therapy works really quickly. Don't worry pretty soon Holden will be outsmarting Sophie :-) At least till he can match her with brute strength

{LyndsD} said...

Oh... hope you feel better soon!

Mama Duck said...

You KNOW we're in the same boat.

The Duckling asked Peanut to sit by her zoo yesterday and I said, "She's going to want to play with the animals. Do you want her to site by you over over there?"

"There.

Alright, she can sit right by you, but NOT touch your toys, RIIIIIGHT.

Nap Queen said...

Sorry you are all feeling poopy. SO sorry about your wrists. My sister got carpal tunnel from working at Starbucks. She would wake up with her hands numb like claws and unable to move them. Not fun. Hope the braces help!

Lori said...

I am sooo sorry to hear about the carpal tunnel, I had it while pregnant and the physical therapy did not help me, the only thing that did was the braces, I hope you have a better therapist than I had. Oh and a quick note, switch to plastic dishes and glasses for a while, my hands were so numb I broke all of my nice ones. The same ones I believe you have....sango nova brown? Man I am a loser to pay so much attention to that! Good luck, and I hope you have good pain pills :)