Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's Been Awhile

I just realized I haven't blogged in over a week! crazy.
Our Oma/Trudy has been in town the last 10 days and it was busy busy busy!
Lots of food, wine, playing, and shopping. It's amazing how it all flew by and seemed like only a few days.

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner. Trudy and I worked hard for two days to prepare a most delicious meal. She is like a Martha Stewart only sexier and more fun! But she can cook and put together a party like nobody can. I've been taking notes.
We had our Finnish friends over with their little girl for their very first American Thanksgiving. Sophie and her little friend tore it up... running around playing and laughing all the way!
Sophie and Milja
Here they are taking a moment to pause and reflect on all the things they are thankful for.

We DID NOT do the after-Thanksgiving-biggest-shopping-day-of-the-year sales. Never have. And probably never will unless you feed me some chocolate covered Xanax. I know there are some fantastic deals out there to be had that day, but I just can't do it. Too many crowds make me coo-coo.
BUT, we did do some great shopping in the many days after. I am now officially and absolutely done with my Christmas shopping!
My next feat will be the Christmas cards.

We also went to the annual Blue Santa Parade downtown. The only day it's rained all month.
watching the parade
But it was exciting for the kids to see all the bands, floats, musicians, giant floating characters, costumes, cheerleaders, and Santa too! We forgot to bring our toy to donate again this year. I had one, still sitting up in the closet from last year. I swear next year we are really going to remember.

sunny days in Texas
It always seems so weird around Thanksgiving and Christmas here because you're out shopping for your tree and decorations, but it's so warm you're wearing shorts and flip flops.
fa la la la la

We have exciting plans to drive to Houston this weekend for my friend Carrie's 30th birthday party. Woo woo!
Wait till she sees the present Percy got her for correctly identifying his spiderness type. You do remember Percy don't you??
We haven't seen Percy around ever since our handy man Jim came over to put screens in the kitchen windows and accidently probably on purpose knocked down his web. Percy scrambled quickly into our deck umbrella and hasn't reappeared yet. I haven't opened the brella to see if he's still in there and he hasn't come out to spin another beautifully ginormous web for us. That might have been the last sighting of Percy. We'll see...
you never know if Percy was really a Percella and might have left us many many of her offspring. ahhhh!

7 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

those are some cute babies you have there. Glad you had a nice thanksgiving.

Who is OMA? Is she your hubbys mama?

Have fun this weekend.

Spikey1 said...

Nice to hear from you. Have fun in Houston. Cheers.

Beth said...

I never really could get into the Christmas spirit down there, one year we went to cut our tree in the rain (a warm one at that). Oh and if they're doing it still the Fire Station's use to take Blue Santa donations. We dropped ours off one year and Glenn got to sit in a fire truck. That was a HUGE deal for him. Have fun in Houston.

Kat said...

I always knew that Percy was a sweetie. Getting me a present and all. hee-hee-hee. Can't wait to see you! This amazing horrible tasting medicine actually seems to be working so I should be in party form by tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Darling pictures of the kids!

Personally, I LOVE to shop on the day after Thanksgiving! I get up early and hit the mall by 6 or 7. You wouldn't believe how empty the place is! I can get everything I want in a short period of time. One year I even went to Target afterwards and made it home before 10 (AM). The trick is to look through the ads ahead of time and/or know what you want to get. The other big thing is get there early! I have never seen people lined up outside to get in the stores or any pushing and shoving like they show on the news.

I've missed your entries on your blog, but I know you were very, very busy.
Love, Mom

Mama Duck said...

am so jealous of the flip flops and shorts pics...we got like a bazillion inches of snow last night...

Anonymous said...

I am home and missing you so much! I think the ticket agent didn't know how to respond to a crying woman who wanted to know if she could get the exit row seat on the long leg of the trip home....so he gave it to me. I had leg room all the way home !!! Love you and hope you had fun at the 30th birthday party. Hi to my Honey bun Sophie and Snuggle bug Holden!!!