Friday, October 28, 2005

Guess who's back?

here I am
They didn't name me Percy the Persistent Spider for nothin.
I was on a brief leave of absence as I had an unexplanable urge to leave... like something bad was going to happen, something involving a boot and me being squashed to bits.
Anyway, I did get a little shopping done for Halloween. And now I'm back just in time for the festivities to begin this weekend.

I have also relocated for the fourth time in just a few weeks. I do hope I can keep this new place a bit longer than the last few.
new web

Now if this lady and her clamoring daughter would just leave me alone!
Every morning... at the window, waving, pointing, and calling my name repeatedly.
And what's with the lady sticking that big silver thing with the bright light in my face all the time?!? I have to run away when I see her coming.
percy closeup
Your friendly spider,
Percy

P.S. Any of you amateur entomologists care to take a stab at identifying me?
If you guess correctly, I'll send you a special treat!

10 comments:

Lucky Lum said...

Oh Percy, you know I can't kill you now... you're practically family.
But don't EVER come in the house or crawl near me and the children!
sincerely,
the crazy lady with camera in your face

Ms. Rena said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I just remembered why I hate spiders!!!! Thats a big spider....I wanna scream just lookin at it. And persistant that sucks. Guess I'll say hello to Percy!

Nap Queen said...

DANG, that is one big spider. He must love you and think of you as family :)

Spikey1 said...

My guess is that Percy is a Tegenaria Gigantea. A female can reach a size of 18 mm, with the male being about 4 mm smaller. It is mainly found in houses and gardens but also under logs and holes in banks. Males and females live together for some weeks after mating until the male dies, when his remains will be eaten by the female. The egg sac is spherical and covered with a thin layer of soil or wood-chips (depends on habitat) or, if these materials are not available, then with remains of prey etc. This layer is often covered with another layer of silk, and the whole is placed within the web structure.

But then again, I could be wrong. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my Heavens, I think that I would definately have to do something about a spider that large, especially one that is that close to the house. Good luck...and don't send him our way.

Mama Duck said...

I think it's called a "Gianormous Freakinous Spiderous". Very harmless.

Now gimme me treat.

:) (grin!)

Kami said...

I think he is a "MY ASS NEEDS TO BE SQUISHED ARACHNID RIGHT NOWIS."

Kat said...

Glad to hear you and Percy have worked out your differences. I'm still convinced he's a Garden Orb Weaver - http://www.spiderzrule.com/orbweaver2.htm - if you scroll down to the picture on Oct 15, the one on the left looks pretty much like percy to me.
Gimmie a treat! Gimmie! Gimmie! Gimmie! :)

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Kill him! Yikes did I just type that. Oh well man you gave him a chance to live and make life somewhere else now get rid of him so he never comes back!

Nature Girl said...

That my friend is an "Arachnideous Ineedtodieous"
I have one word for you. Raid! It kills bugs dead! LOL sorry, hope I don't offend..I hate spiders. I have been blogging quite a bit this summer about my ongoing battle with them. UGH> Stacie