Sunday, October 16, 2005

I was let out of my cage

Saturday I got to escape the Lum household for a night of fun with the girls!

We started out the night at Carmelo's, a scrumptious and fancy Italian restaurant downtown.
All dressed up, cocktails, many appetizers, delicious pasta dinner, bottle of wine, decadent deserts, and my friends treated me for my birthday. And get this- conversation. Real conversation. Without screaming, whining children. That was the best treat! Of course there was a good twenty minutes we had to talk about our kids.

A little tipsy and very full, we meandered down to 6th street to check out many bars. Laid back college student ridden, beer drinking joints; upscale trendy dance clubs; gay half-naked men club, swinging outdoor funk music gin joint.
What a blast!
I found myself pleasantly drunk throughout the night. A good buzz to get a little wild and have a good time, but not so much I was dizzy falling down on my face. I'm learning how to do it right (finally) now that I don't do it so often.
What I couldn't believe is that I stayed out until I heard the infamous "LAST CALL!" line. What? How could I, mother of two small children stay out so late that I'm hearing "last call?"
Oh well, if you're gonna do it. Do it right I say.
Got home around 3am. Got naked and fell asleep.
Missed the children waking up. THANK YOU DWAYNE!
Stumbled out of bed about 9am. Immediately drank copious amounts of water and took two advil. Laid down for most of the morning trying to decide what I was hungry for and retold all the fun bar stories to Dwayne.
Felt just like the good old days...
Surprisingly the children were well behaved and I recovered from my hangover pretty quickly.

Sooooo...
who wants to go out with me next time?

8 comments:

Spikey1 said...

Sure, call me anytime... oh wait, do you remember me?? ;)

Jennifer said...

So nice to be able to talk and eat without someone yelling in your ear "Me wan bite mama!"

Glad you had some "me time"

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Wow you know how to party and recover fast.

Woo hoo Mama Lum had a night out with the chica's!

Nap Queen said...

Good for you!! That sounds like so much fun. I'm in!

Kat said...

Wow! Out until Last Call! I'm proud of you girl! Sounds like you had a blast! What a sweetheart to let you sleep in!

Mama Duck said...

I'm in sister!!!!!

Sounds like a blast! Woooohooo for warm weather and being able to stumble form bar to bar witout driving!

Christie E. Little said...

LAST CALL! I can't even tell you the last time I heard that!

Woohoo for you! What a good hubby!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you have not forgotten to have some fun with your friends. Both of you need time together but time with friends as well.... just to add the icing on life. I love ,my womens weekends away ..twice a year and we have a blast!!! The men wonder what we talk about . I think they are worried we talk abut them..not a chance as there is to much else to chat about..and to the wee hours of the morning!!!