Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Back to the humdrum

There's so much to do when you get back. And the kids are never cooperative.
Finally I have a moment of peace as they are napping.

I know ya'll are dying to hear about our trip so here's the scoop:

Thursday: Arrived in STL, nice and cool weather. Left the kids with my parents and headed to the Blues game. Freeeee at last! Watched good hockey even though they lost. But I didn't recognize hardly any of the players cus they were all traded around, and they went and changed the NHL rules too. Oh well, the beer hadn't changed!
Got back to parents house and Holden was up screaming and crying. Talk about a major buzz killer. just go to sleep would ya!!

Friday: Very tired and a hanging a bit from the all the beers and crying baby. Went to the zoo with Grammy. What a terrific zoo they have in St Louis! If you ever get the chance, I highly reccommend going. Sophie had a blast and was enthralled with seeing all the zoo animals in real life.

Saturday: Ran errands and got ready to look gorgeous for the big reunion night. Grammy and Pawpaw got the priveledge of watching the angel children again. I told my mom if I came home and Holden was crying again, we were going to sleep in the basement.
us
Went to the reunion at a taproom downtown. What a blast!! It was so fun to see old friends! Everyone was grown up but most the people looked exactly the same. Dwayne was a great sport, made friends and chatted with everyone while I ran around trying to see everyone and get their story. It surprised me that we were one of the few people married and I think only one other couple had kids besides us! Man did I feel old!
But we had an open bar for three hours and I tried to drink my $77 dollars worth the best I could. Needless to say I was schnuckered up a bit and don't quite remember all the conversations of where/what everyone was up to now. Oh well, it was a fun night!

Sunday: tired. Had open house visiting day with family and friends at the house. Had a nice time seeing and catching up with aunts, uncles, cousins, and good friends. Too bad we don't get to see them but once a year.

Monday: Relaxed and hung out with the fam. Sophie and Holden soaked up all the extra attention for one last day!

We left on Tuesday. The kids were good on the plane.
A terrific trip! But as always, it felt good to be back home.
(will post more pictures soon)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like you guys had a great visit! Love the pic, you both looked great--eat your hearts out old school chums--bet not everyone looked as good! Can't wait to see more pics. Glad to have you home again!

Spikey1 said...

Welcome back. Hockey, beers, zoo... sounds like a great time was had by all. Glad everyone is well. Great smiles too!

Kat said...

Damn! You sure are one hot mama!!! And check out that cleavage! I'm jealous. Is that what happens to them after you have kids? hee-hee. Sounds like you had a great trip. You know, Houston has a FABULOUS Zoo and Children's Museum... you should bring the kiddos down one weekend. I could borrow Mr. Ryan to join us. :D

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Wow sounds like a very busy but fun vacation.

You guys look great.

Nap Queen said...

Hey Hot Mama! You guys looked fabulous! Glad you are back.

Rhonda said...

What a great photo. You look beautfiul. I really hate the screaming kid buzz kill.

Mama Duck said...

Nice boobs, chicka!!!!!!

So glad you went and had fun, I will call you soon...tomorrow maybe if both of my beasties are sleeping.

Christie E. Little said...

You are gorgeous! Soooo Gorgeous!