Sunday, October 23, 2005

In Search of the Great Pumpkin

I had big plans take the kids to a pumpkin patch this weekend.
"We're going to the pumpkin patch, we're going to the pumpkin patch, we're going to the pumpkin patch..." Sophie and I sang as we headed out on Saturday morning.
On directions from Mama Duck, we went out Hwy 290 in search of the pumpkin field/patch/farm thingy so the kids could pick out pumpkins and we could take some really cute pictures.
Driving...driving...driving...looking for the pumpkin place...driving...still driving...
No pumpkin place in sight.
So a very grumpy, hungry, and frustrated Mom said we should just turn around and go back home.
closeup of Bridezilla
But Daddy thought since we were halfway there already we could go into Wimberely and look around.
Oh that Daddy's so smart some times!
We drove into Wimberely and after a potty break and a nice lunch at the Cypress Creek Cafe, I felt better.
We walked around and looked at all the cute little art and antique shops. There were lots of fun Halloween/Fall decorations, many uniquely decorated scarecrows, and lots and lots of pumpkin displays. (here's a short slideshow to see pictures from our little trip)
The kids liked being outside and looking around. I also enjoyed watching the elderly folks admire, oooo, and aaaahhhh over our darling children.
It turned out to be a great day!
And alas, we found a place to pick out pumpkins.
the two punkins again
Now granted this wasn't quite the big pumpkin patch I had in mind, but it did the job. And I knew we weren't going to venture out again looking all over Austin for another pumpkin patch.

6 comments:

Nap Queen said...

Great idea Daddy! I love Wimberley--it's so quaint and not quite as expensive or touristy as Fredericksburg. Your kids are precious!

Spikey1 said...

We have a patch minutes from our house. Good times eh?

Kat said...

I swear those kids get cuter everytime you take a new picture! You can't go a block around here without seeing a pumpkin patch... I do believe ALL the neighborhood churches have them. :)

Mama Duck said...

Damn, I'm sorry you couldn't find it but Wimberley is always a nice afternoon trip too!

Anonymous said...

I loved all the pictures Jackie of you and the sweeties of my life!!! Of course I have printed a few to take with me as a bring and brag...an Oma's right you know!!! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved all the pictures Jackie of you and the sweeties of my life!!! Of course I have printed a few to take with me as a bring and brag...an Oma's right you know!!! Love you!!!