Thursday, January 18, 2007

Monday, something wicked and evil came and knocked me on my ass.
I woke up that morning and promptly barfed up my cheerios.
Feeling so icky I snuggled into bed and laid down for what was to become a twenty-hour nap. or something close to that...
Tuesday morning I awoke to Sophie's hushed but extremely excited words,
"Mommy, it's snowing!"
I HAD to get up for that!
I bundled up and headed outside to see the winter weather. Winter, I said.
A mix of icy drizzly, sleety, kind of stuff covered our lawn and deck.
Giant snowflakes fell from the sky between the pelting ice-rain. (I say ice-rain because frankly even after numerous explanations I STILL don't know the difference between sleet and freezing rain. I'll just call it ice-rain.)
Yeah, it was a beautiful sight.
I tapped Sophie on the side of her head and said "Stick this in your memory. We don't see this very often in Austin."
And of course I had to take some pics for that same reason.
big ice storm hits Austin!
(click on this picture to see the rest...)

So now it's Thursday and I'm alive again, but feel like I've lost a week somewhere in between all the ailments, illnesses, and iciness around here.

11 comments:

Kami said...

Ick. I hate those ailments. Glad you're better!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I breathed on you through the internet because I had your disease on Saturday. A totally lost day. Snow and ice in Fort Worth, too.

Kat said...

barfing up cheerios... you're not knocked up again are you??? :P hee-hee

Will you accept the blowout invite already - you are coming if I have to drive up there and drag you down here kicking and screaming. :)

Glad you are on the mend!!!!!!

Marisa said...

Can you buy hats & mittens in Texas???

Crazy ass weather, I tell ya.

Hope you are feeling better.

Christie E. Little said...

I had flip flops on two days ago and now I'm waiting for the snow.

"mommy it's snowing." The cutest little words...i'm sure.

Stay well.
xoxo
C

Spikey1 said...

You know how we live up here..

Elizabeth said...

Sicky is no good. Glad you are better.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Freezing rain is rain that freezes on surfaces making it icy. It looks like you had some of that. Sleet, on the other hand,is rain that freezes on the way to the ground; it comes down as little pellets. It sounds like you had some of that,too.
Those icicles are HUGE! I bet the kids enjoyed their experience with winter weather.

Anonymous said...

Oops! That was me that posted previously. I guess I hit publish before I typed in my name.

Spikey1 said...

Mom watches The Weather Network! ;)

Memphis said...

Some stomach thing is going around for sure. People here are barfing and we're all the way over in hell .. I mean, Memphis.