Thursday, July 06, 2006

A little early,
but this photo perfectly fills the word for this Weekend's Word Challenge,

FULFILL
TONI
Meet Toni-
our loving female mutt we've had for over five years.
She was a wild thing from the animal shelter we adopted after she'd been dumped on the side of the road with her litter of pups.
After bringing Toni home we discovered she a had a black tattoo on her belly. How strange, I thought. Somebody had a sick idea of covering their dog's hide with their artwork.
But her tattoo makes her seem tough. I mean she's a bitch with a tattoo, yo!
Come to find out, maybe a year or so later after running into another dog with the same tattoo, all the dogs spayed at the animal shelter get one. It's like the female sign with a slash through it.
oooooooookay. got it.

Toni, for whatever reason, has been avoiding the camera ever since I got my Nik. She runs and hides as soon as Nik comes out of his bag. But this weekend camera-shy Toni didn't run and hide.
What I can't quite comprehend is why- this past weekend I got my new big daddy lens (so sweeeet), new flash, tripod, and a variety of other miscellaneous neccesities- now I'm walking around carrying an even bigger hunk of a camera. but Toni wasn't afraid.
Weirdo.

But FULFILL it is.
Nik and I finally got her!

18 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

What a beautiful dog!

I love that lens!

The Egel Nest said...

Lumsky -

I always love your photography...

Terrific clarity and crispness...and cute dog too :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

TheStolenOlive said...

She's Beautiful!

Hope she becomes less camera shy so we can see more of her.

Nap Queen said...

Oh, she's CUTE!!!! I hope you post lots more pictures of her and Hendrix :)

Kat said...

Lookit the cute puppy-wuppy who isn't scared of GIGANTIC camera stuff... she is a weirdo. Cute, but weird. :) I never noticed her tattoo...

Jennifer said...

A bitch with a tattoo ya? OHG I was rolling. Love the picture. I have a mutt too who is 12 years old now. Mutts are the best

Jay said...

What a good looking doggie. She needs a leather jacket and studded collar to go with her tat.

Peanutt said...

Animal Shelter dogs are usually the best dogs! How cute!

Anonymous said...

My granchildren are so beautiful!!! IThey must take after their mom and da. Love that new hair style jakcie. Got on the flicker site to view the ppics tgis morning. No glasses on so hope thyis reads ok...thta is enough to get the meaning of my message! Lve you!

Kami said...

Aw, she's a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

I thought I was going to have to give up - took like 5 tries to comment LOL. She's so simply sweet.

Spikey1 said...

woof woof!

Unknown said...

Love her! Such a sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

I had to go check my girls' tummies to check for a tattoo that I may have overlooked in the past few years. Alas, no tattoos. I guess the Humane Society doesn't do that.

She looks like a sweet girl though. I'm glad she likes the sweet new lens. :)

Tammy said...

She is absolutey beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I want that same lens.

Anonymous said...

She is a lovely animal, and isn't it astonishing how much fulfillment a dog can bring to our lives?

Great way to say!

Sharkey said...

This is a great shot of her. Love the smooth green bokeh.

Our dog does okay with the kit lens (though she doesn't have a lot of patience with being my subject), but when I use my new 50mm f/1.8 she gets kind of freaked out by the sound of the lens focusing, and you can see it in the expression on her face. Crazy dog!