Saturday, April 02, 2005

sick kid, no sleep

Our Sophie has a nasty cold right now. Lots of coughing, whining, very clingy and sleepy- but doesn't want to sleep by herself, only on mom or dad. This is SO much fun right now! As if we aren't missing enough sleep!! Now we have to deal with a cranky sick toddler. I actually feel really bad for her, she's also cutting a tooth right now. She just wants to be held. It's just hard when you've got another baby to take care of too.
Thank goodness Grandpa is here to help! Sophie has had fun playing with him (when she's doped up on Motrin and not whining). Although it's probably not the best of a visit for him. Sophie's usually a lot more fun! Hopefully she'll be better soon. Please!

And off on a tangent here...
How do other moms of 2 (or even 3) do it!!??!! Some of them make it look so damn easy too! And how about the ones that are actually well dressed, have their hair fixed and make-up on AND have babies & toddlers, that are also put together well?!? Those people piss me off, really only because I'm jealous. I have to tell myself they MUST have nannies at home. Right? Yes, that's it.
I mean I have to schedule my two showers for the week. And my teeth are not always brushed. Forget the hair being fixed. I usually mange to get some makeup on- but it might only be some smeared mascara that I only got on one eye and some lipstick. Oh one day I'll have time to look pretty again...

2 comments:

Mama Duck said...

Well, I'll be the first to guess that Mommies of more than one drink a lot...it helps dull the pain! :) Other than that, this is the same question (read: thing that FREAKS me out and keeps me up all night!!!) that I'm working on now too and my #2 isn't even here yet!

I get my shower every other night now and I think that's good...we'll see how it all goes...Peanut might just be in a sling on me in the shower so I can be clean again! :)

Anonymous said...

hummmmmmmmm, mommies of 3 boys not quite 4 years apart, they wonder if they will ever have a life again. Especially when the daddy is out playing hockey and baseball.
One cute little girl was all I asked for.
But wait Jackie, they'll both get chicken pox at the same time, while your pregnant for the 3rd time and suffering from morning sickness.
But in the end it will all be worth it.