Saturday, April 30, 2005

A Fabulous Date!

Yes, a fabulous date we had Thursday night! Imagine this... a dinner without anyone screaming or crying, no mess to clean up, no cutting up food into bite size pieces, no nursing or holding a baby... just a relaxing dinner with good conversation, wine (yea for wine!), and some awesome sushi!
We tried the stylish, hip and swanky sushi bar, Kenichi downtown. (And did I mention pricey too?!)
It was worth it! Yummy yummy sushi! And wine. Can you tell I was excited to drink a little bit? Two glasses was all for me. I was already tipsy after that. Ok, I haven't drank in like 10 months- so yes, I'm a light-weight now!

And we also didn't have to pay for a babysitter. Our nice friends Lauren and Natalie came over to watch the kiddos. Lauren brought her weiner dog, Oscar, that Sophie LOVED!! She had so much fun with him. The next day she woke up and told daddy she wanted to see Oscar downstairs. "No sweetie, Oscar went home." "No daddy, Oscar downstairs. Lauren and Nabalee downstairs too." "Sorry Sophie, they had to go home." She didn't believe him till she came downstairs and saw for herself.
Hopefully Lauren, "Nabalee", and Oscar will come back to babysit soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A night out once in a while can make you feel refreshed and ready to cope with life. I'm glad that you had such a wonderful time! I'm sure that Dwayne did, too. It sounds like Sophie enjoyed herself as well. Lauren and Natalie probably liked holding Holden while you were gone, so hopefully he didn't cry a lot. Love, Mom

Mama Duck said...

Ummmm, a "date"?? What is this of which you speak? I think it's along the lines of a "vacation"...something I vaguely remember before my children were born.

Someday...((sigh))

Anonymous said...

Taking time to be a couple is so important to having a loving and healthy relatioship...so do it often!! Children are much happy and feel far more secure when they see their parents happy and happy together.I remember thinking no one could look after Dwayne like I could... not so.. as his granparents loved him. his aunts loved him an so did his Nanny
Tunstead. Look into each other seyes deeply and remeber what it was you saw in each other and keep it alive!!! I know your anniversary is on the horizon thus I send this message to you.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »