Monday, April 25, 2005

Walks and Swings

I have been trying to exercise almost everyday by walking my neighborhood. It's no easy stroll as our street is full of hills, but it makes for a very good workout! So now I've tried both ways: pushing the kids in the new double stroller (it's actually a new used stroller), and the other way of strapping Holden in the Baby Bjorn and pushing Sophie in the stroller. The results: they're both equally tiring! If I push them both I don't have to worry about sweating all over Holden. But if I carry Holden, he'll sleep. Maybe I'll switch back and forth depending on my mood.

And in other news, we got out the baby swing yesterday. Holden seemed to like it and actually stayed in it for longer than 10 minutes (that's about his max time in the bouncy seat or laying down by himself). It was looking very promising...until the swing crapped out and stopped working! Ugh!
Well I went out later to get a new swing. God Bless the inventors of the baby swing!!
He stayed in the swing 2 different times today and actually gave me a break from holding him all day!
It works out pretty well except that Sophie wants to push him in the swing-"Weeee!" she says as he flys up to the sky.
And she wants to push all the buttons on the swing too. Oy! I keep telling her to stop and try to distract her with something else, but it's apparently really fun for her to do this and irritate her mom.
Why doesn't she understand that Holden's actually happy, he's not crying, and he doesn't want whiplash from his big sister pushing him!
Oh we'll continue to work on this one...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those swings have saved the sanity of millions of moms! What did people ever do without them?

Anonymous said...

That Sophie she is , I think trying to be a big girl by helping out her mom with the real baby versus her baby.I know how much she loves to swing in her own swing I bet she thinks well holden must like to be pushed and go high too. Being a big sister is a big job and trying to sort out the can do's versus the can't dos is a big job and guess what when Holden gets a little older the can't dos might become can dos ..oh oh here we go again!!! Love Oma