Wednesday, November 09, 2005

It's the Great Outdoors Way Back Wednesday

If you've lived in Texas than you know how beautiful the Spring can be with miles and miles of wildflowers...fields and fields of bright blues, purples, pinks, whites, yellows, oranges, reds,...it is quite a magnificent sight!

This was my first spring experiencing the beautiful bluebonnet phenomenon. (1995)
bluebonnets
As I have learned the tradition here is that you take your kids and throw them in the bluebonnets on the side of the road and take their picture every year.

This little stop in the bluebonnets was on the way back from a day at Enchanted Rock. We went hiking, rock climbing, and repelling. And here I am going down the side of a big rock.
repel
And that my friends is a wonderful Texas Spring Day in the great outdoors!

Oh but I'm not done there.
Here's my Dwayne out four-wheeling in his Land Rover. (1999)
The D
What's funny is that he used to go up these big hills for the fantastic views of Austin quite often. Little did he know 4 years later we'd own a house just on the other side of this big hill!

Happy Wednesday ya'll!

15 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Happy Wednesday and Texas is beautiful!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Oh and of course I played!

Christie E. Little said...

I love how everything changed so much in 4 years for you. Isn't it amazing how much can change in 4 years? It looks gorgeous.

We went to college in Arizona and I know I have pictures somewhere. We've moved so many times I'm just not sure where the obsure ones are. Love the one with you repelling. Love it!

Happy Wednesday!
xoxo
C

Leesa said...

These are great pics! I miss the bluebonnets!! I played!

Kat said...

Ah yes, the taking of the children, pets, anything cute out to sacrifice to the bluebonnets. :) It's the state flower you know. You are one brave cookie repelling! :) Of course I played. :)

Nap Queen said...

Great photos! You've been everywhere and done everything Austin has to offer!

Jana said...

Great pictures!

I played too!

Kelly said...

You must think that I ignore you all the time. Actually, when I log onto your blog from work, our "fire wall" will not show the photos, so I love the descriptions, and wonder what he hell I'm looking at! ;)

I will check back from home tonight. I played!

Leesa said...

Hi again! My main blog is
http://mtpeaceofmind.blogspot.com
that's where my WBW photo is :)
I have more photos if you like at http://wildvisions.blogspot.com.
Thanks about my photos:)

Mama Duck said...

Love the picture of you repelling! Woooohoooo, nice legs, mama!

Dottie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :) Look at you repelling!!! There is no way I could do that! Happy Wednesday!!!

Kami said...

I miss A- town. Sniff sniff. Great pics, man!

Lori said...

A Land Rover? In Texas? Isn't it a law that you have to have 'merican cars & trucks there? :)

Caroline said...

Wow repelling. I did that once. Wish I had a picture to prove it since I'd never do that again. It was for ROTC.

Tina M said...

WOW!!! Great WBWdmnfo