Friday, November 04, 2005

This might be the day Mom loses it

Ever since this bloody time change, my children have been waking up at 6AM. 6AM!
That's just entirely too early for me.
We have tried keeping their cranky, whiny, crying butts up later (that's a lot of fun let me tell you), but they still awoke at 6AM. So then we tried the sleep begets sleep theory and put them to bed earlier. Still 6AM awakening.
But this morning folks we had a change.
An unpleasant surprise at 5:20AM...
Sophie crying.
I told Dwayne we're not getting her. She's gotta learn to sleep in longer and we should stop getting her every morning.
We listened to her screaming for 5 minutes.
"Daaaaaadddddddyyyyyy! Daaaaaaddddyyyyyy!" over and over and over.
"Why can't she call your name?" Dwayne says
The Daddy theme song went on for another 5 minutes.
Then we hear, "Daaaadddyyy, I have big poo poo!"
Great. Now we have to go get her.
She was changed and came to our bed. At that point Holden had woken up also and was in our bed.
No one went back to sleep.

And so folks, I am asking for your help.
How how how can I get these kids to sleep in longer??!!??
I know for starters Dwayne and I need to go to bed earlier so we can at least get more sleep. But any ideas would greatly be appreciated!

8 comments:

Kat said...

Ah, the old 'I have big poo-poo excuse...' hee-hee

I don't have any advice but will refer this post to my sister who has cornered the market on getting Ryan to sleep in... like until 9 or 10 or something. :)

Beth said...

Um Benedryl???? Ok no really, All I can think is be though about going in telling her it's still dark and putting her back into bed. If it's a poo poo (man she actually tells You????) Change it in a dark room and put her back into bed. Or if it's not dark um, room darkening shades? Or give up and try to become a morning person. That's what I'm trying to do since #2 ALWAYS hears daddy leave for work at 7.

Nap Queen said...

I don't have advice since I don't have kids, but I am sorry for you and hope you find something that works! I know how annoyed I get when the dogs wake me up at 5:30 in the morning, so I'm sure it's much worse with kids.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Good luck with that one. I dont have much advise but Beth had some good suggestions.

Mama Duck said...

I'm not above drugging them (and I see Beth isn't either!!)...but then again, I'm not in the running for World's Greatest Mother...

Kami said...

Put them in bed with you and turn on some Sesame Street so that you can at least sleep until 7am. :) And yeah, Benadryl. ;)

-E said...

Well, I long for the days when they could be confined to their cribs. Now they just hoist themselves out of their beds at whatever time they wish and crawl into my bed. That wouldn't be so bad, but they're growing and my bed is only so big. Eventually I wind up in one of *their* beds to get some semblance of sleep.

Oh! You were looking for help, that's right...

Anonymous said...

I have gotten Ryan to sleep in until 10:30 am on some days- I think the key is a later nap during the day- I didn't mean to stumble across this method but we would be out and about running around or having fun and his nap time kept getting later and later- 3:30 or 4:00 pm so then he would stay up later- 10 or 10:30pm and then sleep in the morning later-Anywhere from 9:00 am- 10:30 am. I dunno but its worth a try- I would just start crying if I had to get up at 5:20 that sucks~! Also try drugging them with alcohol in the sippy cup...;) That works too....KIDDING! I am just KIDDING!!!!!!!! :) Hugs and good luck- Nicole :)