Sunday, May 21, 2006

Now that I’m done gloating about my trip and the vacation withdrawal period has ended...
it’s time to inform the uninformed about the new tricks and trades of the Lummins.
Holden has finally, FINALLY taken his first steps!!!
The kid is over 14 months old now and has been perfectly content to scoot his little bum around on the floor to get to where he needs. He’s quite an efficient scooter and has seen no need to try to stand up and use those legs for mobility.
I swear the kid was going to be a butt-scooter til he was 5.
While Dwayne and I were in Mexico, I left explicit instructions for Oma and Aunt Cathy to teach Holden how to walk.
I give them a B+. They got pretty darn close!
When we returned Holden stood up proudly and showed off his new skills. He was able to take two wobbily, hesitant steps towards us!!
It’s in the making now…

The boy has also sprouted three new teeth to accompany the lonely four that have resided in his mouth for months now. Painful he'd tell you. Sprouting new teeth would make anyone a little cranky...
And while he can proficiently use a spoon to feed himself, he still prefers the old hands=utensils method. Especially when eating any non solids- yogurt, ice cream, applesauce especially. They become instant edible fingerpaint for him!

in the dog bowl

I have little news in the way of Sophie’s recent advancements, other than that she would like to rule the world.

sitting in a bucket couldn't be more fun

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your kids are too darn cute.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Way to go Holden~

What happened to Sophies forehead?

Unknown said...

TBG- I'm going to make a guess...nothing. 2 year olds think that Band-Aids are the coolest thing EVER.

Hey, Holden's Future Wife is making progress in the walking dept. too...still three and a half teeth. We're looking into infant dentures.

Jen said...

So I thought I was the only one with the kid with no teeth.
Miles is 16 1/2 months old and FINALLY today cut #5!!
Oh, and yay for the walking!
Logan was a 15 1/2 monther and I would have given anything for Miles to wait that long!!
From walking to running...be ready!

Melanie said...

My kid still uses his hands and he's 16 months old. I think we'll just stick with the cave man route.

Kat said...

everywhere I go, babies in buckets! :) Look at that holden in the dogs water dish! I think he takes after his mother... :)

Cutie-patooties! :)