Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Just in case you were wondering...

~We had a nice rain yesterday

october 10

drips

flower picker


~Sophie now has her own imaginary friend, Eddie.
I always knew Sophie would be the type of child to have an imaginary friend. It scares some people. but I just have fun and go with it...
Eddie likes to jump on the sofa a lot. He tells Sophie what to do, which is actually another way of Sophie trying to get away with shit... (like when Eddie says she doesn't have to eat her vegetables or clean up her toys, etc)
After inquiring, I've learned that Eddie is actually a toad.

~All it takes to keep Holden entertained is 4 beans and 2 plastic containers.
And he'll play for a good fifteen minutes (that's LONG TIME in toddler-time!)
just 4 beans and 2 plastic containers
back and forth, back and forth pouring the beans from container to container.

I'm also making Holden wash dishes now since he's quite content to play at a sink full of soapy water and dirty dishes for 20 minutes. Seriously. He just pours and pours from dish to dish over and over. It's mess afterward, but who cares it's only water!
Both great activities while I cook dinner.

10 comments:

Spikey1 said...

Well I guess when you are up at 6am you can be first!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Sophie is brillant of course!

Dont we all wish we could play in water and someone else would clean up the mess!

They are getting so big!

Anonymous said...

We got some rain, too and now it's 60 degrees outside! Heaven!

Kat said...

I'm cool with Eddie. I was a little worried when Sophie said her doll, big baby, jumped on her bed and stuff. I've seen the movies - you've got to watch out for those posessed dolls. :P hee-hee

Your pictures are beautiful my dear! LOVE the second one! :)

Me said...

It's amazing how happy toddlers can be with simple 'toys' from the kitchen cupboards. :)

Memphis said...

You live in a wonderful world. :)

Christie E. Little said...

I love the imaginary friend age. Good for you for embracing it easily. I do too. My boy talks to his power ranger buddies. All of mine talked to friends. :) Hmmmm I wonder if that means anything? LOL.
xoxo
C

Elizabeth said...

How cute he is just so content by himself. LOL

I love the first shot. Dark dreary days are the best when you can cuddle up inside.

Kami said...

When he gets tired of the beans, give him a bowl and some wooden spoons. Worked wonders for us. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi daddy liked to do the same thing.He would be soaked right through as the water rolled down his arms to his body..he proudly stood on a chair as the big helper...like father like son!!! Love you!