Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Grandparents and little Lummins

I think this might have been my parents best trip yet.
It was a few hours on a plane compared to the usual two days of driving (and they both survived the flight without medication or alcohol). They seemed very relaxed and enjoyed four days of Lummin lovins!
And we've begun to plan they're big move to AUSTIN!!! Hooray Hooray!


But now we're down to 3.
We dropped my parents off at the airport this evening and it wouldn't be normal these days if my husband weren't traveling.
I do believe I'll take the advice of my friend and schedule a "business trip" for myself soon. like to Cancun, or Jamaica perhaps...

Tonight it's just me and the Lummins and a good bottle of wine.

19 comments:

Marisa said...

That is a beautiful pic of your parents and your Lummins. :-)

And I know how it feels...we are often just the 3 of us lately...and the trend will continue until Fall. :-(

Enjoy your wine!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Yea for your mom and dad coming to visit! I am so glad you got to spend time with them!

Have some wine for me!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Oh and I am so glad your parents are considering moving near you that would be fabulous!

Nap Queen said...

What a great photo! I love the expression on your dad's face. He looks so happy. I'm glad they survived the flight :) And I'm up for dinner again whenever you're available!

Me said...

I always thought Sophie looked just like your husband but now I see she looks an awful lot like Grandma. :)

Sheri & SuZan said...

They look like they are having a blast!

How cool that they are moving near ya'll.

:)

Unknown said...

You know there'a always an executive suite for you in Madison.

Monogram Queen said...

Your kids are so lucky to have such good Grandparents!

Rhonda said...

Great pic! I need a "business" trip too.

Kat said...

What up with your template? Am I the only one that sees it all wacky?

Glad it was a good visit and woo-hoo that they are moving to Austin! Now they can keep the kiddos and you can come party with me! ;)

KurlyButler said...

How about a business trip to Hawaii? I think you should attend the sisterhood conference!

Memphis said...

Drink a little for me, please.

The Old Lady said...

Great Picture!

Elizabeth said...

Got a bottle for me?

Leska McCall said...

Single motherhood sucks, no?
I love that picture! THey all look like they're having a blast.
It was good seeing you today, and meeting the Lummins in the flesh!

Eunice Burns said...

Sounds like a party. If I were there...I'd join you.

Kami said...

I'll go on that business trip with you. We can compare notes.

Candy said...

Awww... grandparents can really rock when they want to! Yay!

Melanie said...

I'm jealous that your kids have great grandparents!

Good to know the bottle of wine isn't just something I do!