Saturday, August 12, 2006

It's still blazing hot here and shall remain that way for quite some many months to come.
Nevertheless, OddMix has brought up the fact that the end of 'summer' vacation is drawing near. Summer Vacation? Very misleading if you ask me, if summer lasts from May to October 'round here then shouldn't summer vacation be that long??
I think the words for this Weekend's Word Challenge are REFRESH and RETURN. But I'm not sure I got the right words because I seem to be thouroughly scattered these days. The words could very well could be mope and frazzle, but that would have only left me taking self-portraits.


My RETURN picture was quite evident when someone finally returned home...

He returns!
my one and only.


What REFRESHS me...
refresh
Nightfall.
The end of the day.
At last the temperature has fallen below 95.
Quiet. The children tucked in bed.
Perhaps a cocktail too.
Refreshing.

11 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I am so glad SOMEONE came home! I know how much you miss him!

Ahh it is spring like weather here. I have no idea why! But it is beautiful so not normal for august.

I think I might play this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love these pictures. I'm suffering the heat right along with you, sistah! 104 is just freaking ridiculous! Glad your guy is home.

Monogram Queen said...

Love your post... sweet homecomeings and nightfall are both to be savored...

Odd Mix said...

Very nicely done. I love nightfall, too. I think walking outside in the dark is wonderful.

Unknown said...

Very nice!! Love the picture of D...of course...if you had missed it this week I'm sure there would be another one looming on the horizon!

Elizabeth said...

I love night. LOVE IT.

Nap Queen said...

Mmmm, nighttime is the best. And I love the look you captured on D's face :)

Kat said...

That is such a great return photo! I'm glad Dwayne is home! You're cul-de-sac looks so nice and peaceful in that picture. :)

I'm so done with the heat. Perhaps once it cools down some, I'll come sit in that peaceful cul-de-sac with you and drink some cocktails. :) Love ya girl! :)

Kami said...

Aw, such a nice return photo!

Sheri & SuZan said...

Great "return home" photo. He looks so excited.

The heat is horrible! A friend of mine is getting ready for a trip to Wisconsin, I called her a Bitch!

Leska McCall said...

Love the refresh. I only wish I wasn't always too tired to really enjoy it...