Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ok, where did August go?



And today -mark it down in history- for the first time in nearly 4 months when I walked outside it felt COOL!
Cool meaning the temperature was BELOW 90 degrees.
ahhhh! we could actually walk down the driveway, take a stroll down the street without breaking into an immediate sweat and the overwhelming need to run back into the comforts of the air conditioning.

Our Canadian Oma (aka Dwayne's mum, Trudy) has been visiting us the last week and a half, gracing us all with her beautiful charismatic self! Her boundless energy and youth, and her genuine caring and interest leave an imprint in all those she encounters. And the lady knows how to have fun! She is a lovely person and we are so grateful for her and her abundant supply of love to us!

As for me, I CAN NOT wait til next week!! Kids start back to preschool.
That equals time. Time for me.
time to take a poop in peace. time to blog. time for photography. time for peace and quiet. time for solo Target shopping. time for cranking the volume on Eminem and singing "shake that ass for me!" and shouting all the curse words I want, if I want. time for appointments and errands. or time for nothing.
time. all mine.

13 comments:

Christie E. Little said...

Monday Monday...Can't come soon enough! Monday monday...the kids go back to school!

I'm doing the happiest shake my ass dance you can imagine. When that bus leaves (and yes a bus..because the school is just too far away) I'm going to jump the happiest jump...give a little woohoo..and who knows what else.

I'm with you hunny!
xoxo

Monogram Queen said...

Sometimes i'm anxious for mine to start school, sometimes not. Enjoy your time honey!

The Old Lady said...

Time is an amzaing thing! LOVE that photo!

Leska McCall said...

Amen, sister! Can't wait, mine start Tues.!

Kat said...

So glad to hear you'll finally be getting some time to yourself! :)

Kami said...

Nik is back in school, and it is HEAVEN.

Nap Queen said...

Yay! I suppose we better start talking dates for the naked photos or they'll never get done (because of me, not you :) ) Did you pick up your star plate/mug? I STILL haven't gone to get mine.

Lori said...

Thank you - at least I know I'm not the only mommy who likes that Eminem song. I can only play and sing it by myself in the car.

I got so busted by my boss one day watching the video at work. But he was cool - he likes Eminem too.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

yea for kids going back to school and mama getting some time to herself!

Come back to blogging we miss ya!

Elizabeth said...

Yes, time to oneself is the bestest. I am happy for ya!!! :)

Unknown said...

"Shakin' that ass on that floor, the way she's grinding that pole, I think I'm loosing control..."

That one?

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

What happened to Holdens lip in the picture?

Anonymous said...

It is cold here...I'm in Southwestern Ontario...I am tempted to turn my HEAT on! LOL.

Time to go drag out the winter clothes as I fondly remember the year I lived in Texas and didn't need winter boots!