Sunday, March 06, 2005

False Alarm!

Friday Night...
We went out to eat at Macaroni Grill. Yummy! During dinner I start having contractions (the REAL ones) and they keep coming about every 5 minutes. So we're thinking "is this it?" We finished dinner and even ordered desert (a huge piece of delicious strawberry cheesecakefor me). We get home and the contractions are still coming on. We wait another hour and they're still regular at 5 mins, now we're thinking "this IS it!" We decide to call our "on call" people, Cousin Karen and Aaron, to come over so they can watch Sophie when we have to go to the hospital.
A few hours later...contractions still going at 5 mins, but not very painful yet. I thought we should try and get some sleep while we could before the hard labor began. We went to bed and I kept waking up every so often with the back pains from the contractions, then at some point I think they just stopped. I woke up around 5:30am and they were gone! GONE!!! What happened??!!! I was oh so disappointed! I was really ready for this baby to come!
We never experienced any false labor with the last pregnancy, so I thought that when then the contractions came on and were regular for so many hours -that meant we were in labor. Guess not!

Dwayne's mom flew in last night from Canada. We called her Fri, thinking we were having a baby and she got a ticket for the next day. She is happy to be here though and didn't mind that it was only a false alarm. Now we have built in babysitter for Sophie when the REAL day comes! And I sure hope that day is going to be soon!!!

Keep sending those 'labor' thoughts my way!

2 comments:

Mama Duck said...

Oh my gosh! That's not fair! If you're going to go through the trouble of having the contractions and getting yourself to the hospital the least the doctors could have done was fulfilled their part of the deal and gotten the kid out!!!! ;) Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Now that Oma is there to watch Sophie, you can relax. You won't have to worry about someone coming at any time of the day or night while you go to the hospital. Once you are more relaxed, maybe little boy will be, too and he'll decide it's time to come out! Mom