Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Hormones!

Ahhh these crazy hormones of mine! I've only cried twice this morning so far. But then I've also been dancing around the house with the music blasting. I have the house to myself! At least for part of the day. Sophie's at school and Holden's sleeping.
How can you feel so helpless and overwhelmed one minute and then happy and confident 5 minutes later?!? I have to blame it on the hormones!!
Yesterday my mom left to go home and so it was my first real taste of what life is going to be like for me with two children. Sophie was pretty darn frustrating. I know she really just wanted my attention. She was getting into EVERYTHING and doing all kinds of things to make me mad. Everytime I had to change or feed Holden, Sophie was into something she wasn't supposed to, biting me, or pulling something down. I was in tears by the time Dw came home and we sat down for dinner. I know I must sound like a big wuss, but again I'm blaming the crazy raging hormones! I know it's them because while I was crying at dinner I'd look at Dwayne and bust out laughing. Laughing and crying at the same time!!! Has to be the hormones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie,,,, I too went through the crying feeling lonely even when I was not alone. No one could make me happy for too long ..yes it is hormones. Sophie and Holden do not have any control over those nasty hormones are doing to their mommy . Maybe staying rational, firm and as clam as possible when those little hands get into forbidden places will be important. Sophie is probably just trying to make sense of all the changes that have and are taking place. You are a great mom !!! I have seen you in action!!! Love you.