Friday, March 04, 2005

Friday Update

Here's the update from my OBGYN appt today.
I'm dilated 3 cm now and about 90% effaced. The baby is pushing it's head through to the other side. (Ok she did not say that, but I swear I can feel it!) And I lost another pound. Woo hoo- more brownines & ice cream for me to eat!
Last night I got a little concerned because the baby was going absolutely bonkers inside of me for over an hour! I mean non-stop moving-kick, punch, roll over, poke at the bladder, kick, punch, kick, etc.- anyway it just didn't feel right to me! I thought the baby was out of control and in distress. Of course Dwayne was not home last night and I had only my oh-so-rational pregnant mind to think this over with. I ended up calling the dr's after hours number and the dr who called back didn't seem too worried about it, said this sounded normal for a baby. Normal??!! It definitely wasn't normal for what I've been feeling everyday.
So anyway, today just to be safe my dr hooked me up to the monitor for awhile to check the baby's heartrate and fetal movements. Everything was ok! She said it was better to check and be safe than to have something go wrong. I love my dr! She didn't make me feel stupid at all about the whole thing.
It ended up the whole dr appt took over an hour! Dwayne and Sophie came with me and they were both very good!

Hopefully we won't have to return in a week for my next appt because I'll have had a baby by then!!
Cross your fingers and think "LABOR" thoughts for me!!

3 comments:

Mama Duck said...

Woohoo girlfriend! I was wondering how it was going! I hope you packed cute jammie pants for your recovery. I went out and bought some fancy beaded flip flops (a pink pair and a black pair) to match my candy cane striped and leopard print jammy pants, respectively of course. I'm not wearing that stupid gown for two days again.

I'm sending Bob Barker thoughts to the baby, "Come on down!!!!"

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. This too shall pass. You will have your little bundle of joy in your arms and not on your bladder soon...

Let us know when it's clear to come and visit.

Love to you... Cyndy

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
2nd mortgage rate travel medical emergency insurance emerson school grant county indiana how to sell a used car arizona child neglect legal advice ohio social security disability lawyer computer history timeline year 2000 trip planing iowa boating laws manual de plesk consolidt debt shows computer palm writing software