Thursday, March 17, 2005

Happy Birthday Holden!

Today Holden's one week old. We've survived the first week!
Thank goodness Dwayne's mom has been here to help. She's been taking Sophie out to play, putting her down for naps, and even cooking dinner for all of us. What will I do when I'm on my own!!??
I've been recovering the last week and trying to sneak in naps when Sophie's sleeping. Dwayne just went back to work today. Both trying to survive on little sleep.
Holden's doing well. His day goes mostly like this: Eat, poop, sleep, poop, eat, spit up, poop, sleep, and so on...
His only problem is staying awake long enough to nurse. We've had to really wake him up by changing him (he doesn't like that) before he eats. Then I have to stimulate him the whole time so he'll stay awake long enough to get in a good meal. This is fine during the day, but I'm so tired in the middle of the night I have to keep myself awake too!
Sophie has been adjusting pretty well. She likes to give Holden kisses and help burp him. She talks about him and pets his head when he's sleeping. She has really only gotten upset a few times when Daddy is holding the baby.
So far it's been bearable. When my help leaves I'm sure I'll have a different tune...

BTW, if you click on the pictures it will take you to another site (Flickr) where there are more pictures to see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trudy has been a lifesaver for you. You will miss her help when she's gone!