Thursday, March 10, 2005

Here's the news

First, there's no baby yet. Ugh! We had the usual weekly appt and really nothing exciting to tell. Still dilated, the baby will come soon, blah, blah, blah... I'm just so damn impatient though- I want the baby to come NOW!

Sophie's been having a great time with her Oma here. (Oma is Dutch for Grandma) We went and played outside yesterday and had lunch at Waterloo Icehouse. The restaurant has outside seating and a nice playscape for the kiddos to play on. Just wished I coulda had a nice cold beer! The weather's been absolutely gorgeous here- mid/upper 70s and completely clear skies!

Sophie's new thing with her baby is this: baby has to go wherever she does, but now you also have to bring the baby's hat, her blanket, and her bottle, and her other bottle. Sophie demands all of these come along with her.
Sophie also really likes to get into things she's not supposed to. Her favorite is splashing in the dog's water bowl! She does this at least 3 times a day and often says "no, no, no" or "bad" while she's doing it. I've tried different things to get her to stop, but so far none of my tactics have worked. Sometimes she stands there and specifically waits for one of us to look at her before she starts going to town. What a toot!

1 comment:

Mama Duck said...

Well at least she recognizes that it's naughty for her to be splashing in the dogs' dish.

I best I have my kid before you do...nannee nannee boo boo...