Wednesday, June 29, 2005

scorpion update

Well I found one more live one, very tiny, but thank goodness Dwayne was home to save me. He killed it quickly and without so much as blinking. Me on the other hand, he had to calm down.
That makes 3 live ones in about 3 weeks. Too many for me!!
I have serious scorpion anxiety now.
My friend Carrie sent some websites on how to get rid of scorpions. While reading all the suggestions people also talked about the places you find the scorpions...crawling out of the light fixtures/ceiling fans, in your closet, shoes, your bed linens, under appliances, etc.
While I'm reading all this I start feeling them everywhere. The tag scratching my neck was a scorpion, the computer cord that just moved was a scorpion, the noises from Holden were scorpions, the spots on the floor... they were everywhere I tell you! I got really freaked and think I had a full on anxiety attack.
It hasn't gotten much better. I am constantly on "scorpion alert"- wearing shoes at all times, turning on the lights and scanning the floors, freaking out if something unfamiliar so much as touches or tickles me. I've had nightmares about them.
Like I said, I have serious scorpion anxiety.
My mind thinks the house is filled with them and at any turn I'm going to find one and they'll attack me.
So yesterday was no good when I DID find one. This one was dead, long dead and even in pieces. But it was a scorpion none the less.
Thank goodness we'll be leaving for Canada soon. I don't think they have scorpions up there. I can take a break from all my anxiety and the hard work of being on scorpion patrol all day long.
Of course when I come back my house will be full of them again.
I feel like my dad being so obsessive... I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Girl, you need some xanax... then the scorpions will seem much cooler.... hee-hee-hee... I'd be freaking out to if I had to deal with that!