Friday, June 17, 2005

Self Portraits Friday!

Here we go:

Stuff that makes you wonder "What Was I Thinking?"
cigs
Bad, bad, bad! I'm not sure what I was thinking... they taste sooooo good with beer!
I quit when I got pregnant with Sophie (one of the hardest things ever to do). But they are still so tempting and now that I'm not pregnant it's nice to indulge every once in awhile.

Stuff you're obligated to keep/display
eliptical trainer
I feel obligated to keep this wonderful eliptical trainer that I have. It's great for when I actually exercise. But for some reason I just haven't found the time to get on in the last year or so. (hmmm, maybe I'm spending too much time on the computer) But "I SWEAR I'm gonna use it." Someday.

Something you think no one else owns
dress beautiful dress
I KNOW no one else has a dress quite like this one. Isn't it fabulous?
An original made by my mother back in the 60's. I used to wear it as a child for dress-ups. And now... well I do have a wedding to go to next weekend...

13 comments:

Kat said...

Wow! Now that's a pretty dress! :)

Mama Duck said...

The really sad part is that you make that dress look like it's some hot thing off the runway...I hate you.

Just kidding! :)

Renee said...

That is groooovy!

Random and Odd said...

I love that dress!! So ...yeah, like Renee said, "GROOOOOVY"

I loves me some "lights" too!!

Anonymous said...

That is QUITE the dress! We, too, have unused exercise equipment. But I don't feel obligated to keep it--I'd pretty much forgotten that it's in our store room.

Peanutt said...

Cigarettes and beer go hand and hand! Yum. LOL.

Love the dress, its so retro.

kimmyk said...

OMG, I love the dress!! I'd wear it to the wedding you betcha!

Strizz said...

Wear it to the wedding!!! No one will be looking at the bride, LMAO

TheStolenOlive said...

I absolutely LOVE that dress. I always thought that I was born about two decades too late... my mom had me dressed up in tie-dye, bell bottoms and moccasins most of my childhood.

Anonymous said...

I never would have thought that your friends would like that dress. It was one of my favorites!
Mom

Jennifer said...

What a dress! very cool

Anonymous said...

Well Jackie I have to admit it i too had a dress similar to this in the 60's. You do look great in it and retro is in so go for it!!! You may find an avid collector who will want to buy it right from off your back!!! Love you

Anonymous said...

Hey sis I remember that dress! We used to use it to play dress-up when we were little. Kind of funny to think that it's actually something you would want to be seen in now. :)