Tuesday, June 07, 2005

This day will go down in history

This was the day I got out of Target for less than $50! This has never happened before. Ever.
In fact my bill was $20. "How can this be?" I asked myself and the cashier. For a second I thought I might need to turn around and go back in to buy more. But I didn't. I wanted this to be a record breaking day! And it is. Mark this day down in history.
I mean even when I just run in to return something, somehow I find more things I need. And then my trip to return items and save money turns into a trip of buying more and suddenly at the checkout counter the lady says something unbelievable like $85 or $125 or sometimes even worse! And if I try to stay away from the store it's much worse. Because then when I finally do go I just end up spending that much more in the amount of what all my weekly bills would have all added up to.

Today I got to peruse the aisles of Target and Central Market ALL BY MYSELF. My weekly babysitter came to give me a break for awhile. Awesome! Had lunch by myself. So nice.

Next week Sophie starts back at school. She'll be going 3 days a week for three weeks. I think she's going to be happy. She'll get to see her friends, play, paint, color, sing songs, and do all kinds of other kid-fun activities!