Wednesday, August 31, 2005

way back wednesday

It's another rendition of Way Back Wednesday.
This week's theme is BFF (Best Friends Forever)!
In junior high I remember signing BFF on all the notes my best friend and I wrote to each other.
My first junior high best friend was Tali. Here we are in the Happy Hands Club. Kidding.
me and tali

And this was my next junior high best friend. Rachael and I were best friends for many years. We thought we were cool switching our swim suits like this. I can't believe I'm posting pictures of me in a bikini on the internet! But hey, I was only 13. (BTW, I'm the skinny one with no boobs.)
me and rach

Here is one of my best buds in high school, Ari. And of course I picked a picture of us at our finest.
crazy girls

Here's Ari, me, and my other best friend Marsha on spring break in Padre. (note: I had to really dig for a presentable picture of us on Spring Break)
airplane
And our matching tattoos we got there...
tattoos

This was one of my other best friends in high school, Cynthia. We liked to sneak cigarettes together in the bathroom at school. Sadly, she passed away at 18.
smoking

So there you have it. The best of my best friends. And some really embarrassing pictures. But I know that's what you wanted to see.

15 comments:

Nap Queen said...

Wow, if that was you at 13, I'm jealous!!! I certainly didn't look so, um, grown up (and fabulous) at that age :) Great photos!

Mama Duck said...

I agree with Nappy up there. At 13 I was still sporting my poodle perm and some really bad polka-dotted shirts.

These are great! Love 'em!!

Kat said...

Love the pics!!! Sorry to hear about your friend that passed! I don't remember you ever telling me that story...of course, you could have told me and those brain cells could have been some of the ones destroyed in college. Love the switched suits - that's super-cool! what's up with the mitt thingies in pic 1???

Random and Odd said...

Question: Why did everyone get the tats on the hip and the other on the leg?

xtessa said...

you were 13 there?! LOL! i was still geeky back then!;)

Lucky Lum said...

you know what? I think I might have been 14, now that I think about it.

Rhonda said...

Wonderful pictures. BFF are the best! I wondered about the tats as well--why the difference?

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Great pictures. Too funny about the switched swimsuits.

I have the same question about the tattoos as Kristine and Duncan.

Lori said...

You looked fab in the bathing suit! Love the matching tats.

Kami said...

Man, hot mama!!

Spikey1 said...

bikini, tats and smoking! wow!

Lucky Lum said...

Alright curious kittens...
Marsha was the one that got her tattoo on the leg because she already had a tat on her hip.
That's why.

Caroline said...

matching tats thats better than the best friend necklace charms.

Leska McCall said...

Great pics. I you remember how I stressed about how I looked in those bikinis back then..... how much would I give to look like that again...untold millions!

Jennifer said...

wow look at you in the swim suit! good stuff