Wednesday, September 07, 2005

way back wednesday

This week's theme is "school spirit"...what you did in school (band, cheerleading, sports, etc.).

So first we have me, the track star in high school.
track star
Before practice my friend Cynthia and I would always hide under the bleachers for a quick smoke before our workout.
I also did cross country for awhile but found it got in the way of my pack-a-day Marlboro reds habit, so I had to quit. Cross country that is.

And I also played the alto saxophone for many years. I was pretty good at it too. Was in marching band, but really liked jazz band more.
jack sax
I had to put the picture with the guy next to me (Mike) because I had the BIGGEST crush on him for a year! He was soooo cute and I got to sit next to him!

And here I found a picture of Dwayne. Now if you know anything about him you know he's the big hockey star, but apparently we don't have any of those pictures here. I did find this one of him playing soccer in his youth.
dw soccer
I don't want to dog my husband too much for this picture, so all I can say is "nice hair dude!" I guess it was cool back in 1982.

14 comments:

Nap Queen said...

Nice photos! I also smoked before my drill team practices. Nothing like doing high kicks after a nice cigarette break :) You always look so cute in your old photos.

Peanutt said...

I love that you quit cross country before you'd give up your marlboros! I played too.

Kat said...

You look so cute!! That guy is good loking, I can see why you had a crush on him. Who knew Dwayne ever had so much hair!!! That must be a Canadian style....hee-hee-hee... I didn't get organized enough last night to play but I'll try later or post tomorrow. :D

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Great pics. Wow that guy Mike was hot. Wonder what he looks like now.

Have a great wednesday I played as well.

Spikey1 said...

All "Mikes" are HOT....

xtessa said...

i used to do that, too... pose for a picture beside my crush... pretending that he's not included in the shot... LOL!

Tammy said...

Ohh. Mike is a cutie! And you got to sit by him!!

I played too!

Mama Duck said...

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there something contradictory about smoking before running?

I mean, I'm just saying.

And that goes for you too, nap queen...

Jana said...

I had a crush on the sax player next to me, too! Something about sax players, I guess...

I played, too!

Kat said...

Hee-hee-hee... you probably already went by my blog today but since I didn't have my spirit pics available I decided to play using a 'special edition' WBW with pics I dug out last week I was planning to send to you. :) hee-hee-hee

Kelly said...

Alto Sax Rules! ;) OK, enough band geekism! Great photos! I played too!

Kami said...

Mike is a cutie pie!!

Anonymous said...

Ok- Dwayne was soooo hot! It was that pic that made you fall in love with him and want to marry him I'm sure! Can you put a really ugly pic of yourself on here though?

Anonymous said...

Yep! That's my niece, star athlete & gifted musican. Ole Puff'O'matic.

She & grandma-Rita would sneak smokes together it was their family secret. Auntie Shraon