Wednesday, September 28, 2005

WBW: Fraternity/Sorority week

The Kept Woman wants to see our sorority or fraternity pictures.
If you know me (and really know me), you know that I am soooooo not a sorority girl.

When I was in high school I used to love fraternity boys. I would sneak off for the weekend to visit my college friends and they taught me all the fraternity names, cute boys in each one, and how to party frat style!
I went to more frat parties in high school than I did in college. Oh I partied in college, but was just not into that scene anymore.

Here's the one and only frat party I can remember going to. My girl, Carrie (on the right) dragged me along no doubt. Hey, at least they're good for free beer!
frat party

See those colored chords around my neck?
graduation
Those were for being a Kappa Delta Pi member (the other ones for graduating with honors). I joined Kappa Delta Pi my senior year. It's not really a sorority, but an Honor Society in Education. I figured it would look good on my resume.
Does that count??

Side note: That's Dwayne with my nephew on the side. I remember I had tried dying Dwayne's hair blonde at the time. Didn't quite turn out as planned. It actually turned many shades of orange as I tried to dye it again and again to fix it.
But it grew out eventually and that was the last time I was allowed to dye his hair.

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

ahhhhh the famous beer shot. We all have those!

Spikey1 said...

We all had a "Carrie" in the group too! My "Carrie" was Stuart. He made me do it Officer! :)
(I played)

Mama Duck said...

Why is it that we felt the need to not only hold our beer, but shove it in front of us in photos like a trophy?

Many, many, many, mnay photos like that in my collection...

Kat said...

I remember that party!!! I also remember you were not a happy camper! Hee-hee-hee! Of course, I played....

Unknown said...

I don't know why I have no beer photos like that in my collection. I certainly drank PLENTY of beer.

Lori said...

You do look like you were having fun at the party.

Kelly said...

I think that is why most people stopped attending fraternity parties in college - we'd gone to too many in high school! ;) Great post! I played!

Anonymous said...

I think women go crazy when they get out together and may that never end!

Kami said...

A Kappa Alpha party? Ugh. I loathed those guys. It's not your fault, you smarty pants. ;)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, a KA party.

And Kami? So did I. ::wink::

I played.

Christie E. Little said...

First of all...you're hot!

Second....How do you spell love... when the future hubby to be let's you dye and dye and dye his hair some more.

Very Cute babe.

LizzieDaisy said...

That is love... I thought my hub loved me, but no WAY would he ever let me color his hair. Or cut it.

I got an honor cord... AFTER graduation. Nice.