Tuesday, June 20, 2006

New Feet

For the last few weeks I've been trying to get Holden to wear his tennis shoes outside so he'd start walking across the rocky driveway instead of dragging and scratching his little butt and legs around. But everytime I'd get the shoes on his feet he'd pitch a fit.
I figured it was time for a new pair so we ventured to the mall this past weekend to get him sized. No wonder he didn't want to wear his old shoes, they were a size and a half too small!

And now that he has new shoes to fit his chubby feet he won't stop walking.

new kicks

All it took was a forty dollar pair of shoes to get him to stop scooting his butt around in the mud and across the driveway. huh. Shoulda done that a long time ago.

Sophie also came back with a new pair of Reefs.
new flip-flops


What did I come back with?
A full bloated stomach from the beer and pizza.

13 comments:

Kami said...

Aw, Nikolaus had those very same shoes!!!

Anonymous said...

Sophie's new shoes really show off her pretty painted toenails! I'm glad that Holden's new shoes have helped out with the walking. Don't you wish you had done that sooner?

Me said...

Sophie's sandals are OH SO CUTE.

... and I just realized I dreamed about that tie your husband is wearing in the photo below. Last night in my dream someone was offering me one like it except it was completely bright orange and little bigger. No, seriously... I really dreamed this. Ack!

Rhonda said...

Cute shoes!

Did you get my email about this weekend? No pressure, just need to know one way or the other.

Kat said...

Well I'm glad to hear he's walking. :) Seems so wrong for kid shoes to cost so much since they grow out of them so freaking quick.

Dammit, even Sophie has a pair of Reefs. (and they are so cute!) I really have to check this brand out. Must know what all the fuss is about. :)

Anonymous said...

I am with Holden. I have hated bare feet on gravel for as long as I can remember.

Kari said...

I CAN NOT wait until Delaney can fit into any kind of reefs! I love Sophie's!!

Marisa said...

I need to find out what all the rage about Reefs is about.

Knowing my luck, they don't sell them here.

Both Sophie's Reefs and Holden's sneakers are very cute.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Love the pink reefs! They are my favorite!

Tammy said...

Love love love the reefs!

Unknown said...

They sell beer and pizza at Nordstrom's? Why didn't anyone tell me this? I would totally shop there had I known this all along...

Friggin' piano player must have distracted me from the beers...

Amy said...

Sophie's feet look very grown up!

Beer. Pizza. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Peanutt said...

I hate wearing shoes!!!!