Monday, June 05, 2006

They'll be no bitching.
No mention of how paci's absence has made us all more tired and on edge.
Nope, none of that because it was a really good weekend.

my babe
It started on Friday with an impromptu get-together with Dwayne.
I had scheduled a babysitter to give me a bit of time away, so I called my darling and asked if he could meet me for coffee. He said he'd love to, but couldn't because he had a meeting in ten minutes- oh well.
But then a short time later my phone rang and please oh please don't be the babysitter-
It was Dwayne and his meeting had just ended.
We met up and drove off in search of a quiet place to sit outside together...
After driving a winding road, we found a secluded park off to the side with paths leading into the woods and alongside the creek. The perfect place.
We walked the paths down by the creek and just enjoyed being able to sneak away in the middle of the day! Dwayne would not be happy with me if I told the rest of the story, and I suppose a real lady doesn't kiss and tell (hee hee) so... I'll end our Friday afternoon story here.

But oh! I think I spotted the TINIEST toad in the world at the park!
He was so small and cute I had to snap his picture. He was a tad shy though and wouldn't look at the camera for me.
the littlest toad


I'm running low on time here as Holden will shortly awaken from his morning nap, so I'll highlight the remainder of our weekend:

Friday- night was a drunken blast with the girls, Lauren and TX Mom.
We acquired new tattoos, met TX Mom's husband and sister for more drinks and silliness on our parts, and then drunk dialed TKW (who was not as amused with our drunken antics).

Saturday- hung. over. Dinner with friends in the evening. Holden scored with the ladies and and convinced all three to take a bath with him. (granted one was his sister) He impressed them so with his jokes, and studliness that they all wanted to jump in the bed with him afterward.

Sunday- a gorgeous day on the lake. Cruised in the boat and enjoyed the abundant supply of Texas sunshine. The kids splashed on the beach and collected seashells. And get this, they both TOOK A NAP! At the same time. Long enough for us to have some peace and quiet baking in the sun and cooling off under the water.

The end.
Happy Monday!

17 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a perfecto weekend.

Kat said...

That's a great shot of Dwayne! :) Glad to hear ya'll got some time away and were able to enjoy the weekend! :) So, you guys going to join us this weekend? :)

Me said...

I heard about those tatoos... and the lesbian biker bar!

Looks like all the fun was in Texas this weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

A new tattoo, 'eh? Why are there no pictures of that, Lady? You may as well tell us all about the night of body art and what led up to that, or else you'll have to tell the story 100x's! I think the frog was embarrassed over what he saw going on b/w you and your lover boy on your midday rendezvous!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you were hungover.

You deeserved it for going out without me.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Sorry about the Paci withdrawl...hopefully it will get better!

Rhonda said...

I know how the story of you and hubby in the park ends. hee hee.

I was so very hungover Saturday.

Sheri & SuZan said...

What a good picture of your hubby! Tatoos eh? I'm too darn chicken. Sounds like it really was a great weekend.

Leska McCall said...

Aren't midday rendevous the best?

Sounds like a great time.

Amy said...

What a hawtie you got to hook up with! So happy to hear of your silver lining...

Candy said...

Hang in there momma... NO PACIs! :-) And woohoo on the afternoon away with the DH...!!

Anonymous said...

PACI PROBLEM IS WORSENED BY PACI GOING AWAY TO THE "UNKNOWN HOSPITAL", BETTER OFF LETTING HER PUT THEM IN A DRAWER AND PICKING OUT A SPECIAL TOY FOR HERSELF. WORKED LIKE A CHARM FOR US!!!

Amy said...

All I gotta say is a comment to anonymous poster- SHUT UP! Just 'cuz one thing worked for you doesn't make it the end all, be all solution.

Unknown said...

A walk in the park and more! How romantic! :) A great way to forget the paci war.

Anonymous said...

Now that you've gotten some relaxing, peaceful and silly time, maybe this week will be a better week than last.

Great picture of Dw!

Nap Queen said...

That is such a great photo of D. Glad you got to spend some alone time with him :) I am IN LOVE with that toad. Tiny animals are the cutest.

Melanie said...

I absolutely love that picture of your man. So very hot.