Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My Victoria’s Secret bikini shoot

I was on the hunt for another swimsuit. Of course I ended up scoring at Target.
I have learned that you must shop early to find a good suit. For if you go when bikini season has officially commenced, you will find all the cute ones in your size are gone. The remaining suits on the racks are a mismatch of tops 14 sizes too big or bottoms that are 3 sizes too small. (or at least is the case for my big butt and miniscule boobies)

I think that every woman should have at least two swimsuits for the season. Especially if you live here where the swimming season lasts for three quarters of the year.

My bikini requirements are quite simple.
Requirements for suit number 1:
Must be a cheap and cute. Bright colors preferably. No funky long hanging strings, belts, or beads- these will all get in the way of attaining my perfect dream tan. This suit is specifically for the weekly boat excursions on the lake. One I won’t cry over, for at the end of the season it’s inevitably trashed- faded, stretched, and covered with a mysterious brown tinge even though I wash it every weekend.
Bonus if it comes with a padded top and beer holder!

Requirements for suit number 2:
Sexy. This suit is reserved for special occasions, like my most eagerly anticipated trip to Mexico (a honeymoon of sorts because we are leaving the Lummins behind!) Must be in current style, fit well, and one I feel sexy in. Because as I’ve said before, sexy is a state of mind.

Having already filled both my swimsuit requirements and feeling brave I decided I was going to take pictures to share with you.
I tried on suit number one and looked in the mirror. Not bad.
So I asked Dwayne to take some shots. I told him where to put the camera and what to focus on. But when I went to view them I was deeply disappointed. They kept coming out all wrong. Raw, unattractive, and not what I had imagined. I had these visions of “beach sexy” in my head, but the photo proof was seriously lacking!
After Dwayne’s numerous attempts I gave up and caved to the notion that I had visions of Victoria’s Secret swimsuit models in my head with only myself, the antithesis, to work with.

Sorry guys, no pictures.
Maybe I’ll aim for the shots in Mexico where I’ll at least be tan and too drunk to care!

13 comments:

Nap Queen said...

I bet you look awesome! If you don't want to show us pictures of you IN the suits, you should just post photos of the suits without you in them :)

I have about 10 bathing suits, all from Target or Ross. All less than $29.99!!

Spikey1 said...

You know, I really cant grasp this post without some visuals... ;0)

(I tried)

Kat said...

Well, if you were going for beach sexy and taking pictures inside, I could see where it wouldn't be right. Go sit in the sandbox and try again. :) I'm sure you look fabulous silly!

My requirement for a suit:
It fits and it hides all the out of shape bits. :)

Unknown said...

What about posting them in black and white? I find that makes everything look far better...if only I could walk around in black and white all the time...

Me said...

Liar liar! You are gorgeous and I bet they looked like a million bucks! LOL.

(Is this trip to Mexico with TKW by chance? Cuz... you know she can easily be bribed with free booze to take photos and post them on the net!)

Christie E. Little said...

I'm with the others...black and white really works wonders! LOL.

Hey...I'm sure it was the picture taker and not the subject that made the pictures look...just ok and not VS sexy. You sexy hot mama!
xoxo
C

Melanie said...

At least you are looking for bikini's. I have to get an old lady fat suit.

Kami said...

Football Widow and I have decided to jump off a bridge if you post pics of yourself in your kinis.

BTW, I got the bubble gum one, too!!

Elizabeth said...

You probably look fab in them. Now show us pictures damn it. I will probably hate you and your tiny self, but still.....;)

Unknown said...

I *heart* Target

Odd Mix said...

We have to wait until MEXICO for bikini shots?!? What a drag. ;)

Jen said...

The fact that you were going to post pictures of yourself in a bikini makes me completely jealous of you!
TKW picked out some C-U-T-E clothes for the big trip!
Green with envy!

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! economy business card phendimetrazine for cheap blackberry lawsuit' Humidifiermist type Medical malpractice law definition controversies surrounding baseball Techno happy hardcore Chezmf stationery farm bureau insurances Consumer reports ratings pdas toshiba e400 mind computer programming company columbia sc http://www.teenfuck3.info/Small_tits_bald_clits_blondes.html