Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Picture Overhaul

Organization is my middle name.
Went through the picture baskets Sunday and got them all squared away in photo boxes.
I so love looking through old pictures...I find the pictures of happy times, hard times, past loves, deceased, family & friends, party pictures, self portraits, wedding, kids...I get so consumed in the different directions they pull my heart.
I also came across many pictures worth of great blogging material! (more to come on the found mullet picture)
I think I might write a blook. Yes, a blook (that's a blog book).


So the first picture share is one that makes me laugh.
f'd up

I look at this and remember a time of young love. Partying. A fresh new way of life living with Dwayne for the past few months or so. And this was one of the most fun nights of my life! The night before one of my dearest friend's wedding. We *celebrated* at my place after the bars had closed.
I already changed into my comfy shorts by that time. And we are both so obviously sober.
I remember dancing and singing with friends for hours. Laughing infinitely and singing along to Phish's repetitive "laughing laughing fall apart, laughing laughing fall apart, laughing laughing fall apart, laughing laughing fall apart..."
...getting faster and faster until you laugh and fall apart!
And that was when I met a woman who could play the spoons. She had skills.
It was spoon playing and swinging each other round to Devil Went Down to Georgia (Charlie Daniels Band).
Good times, good times...

BONUS:
Can you spot me and the mullet?

Third grade.
thirdgrade

9 comments:

Kami said...

Back row, pink plaidish shirt, dress, whatever.

NICE.

Spikey1 said...

front row... second on the right???

Unknown said...

I got it...

You're so cute....

Me said...

I saw you right away... but that feathered look doesn't *quite* make the mullet family. Sorry! LOL.

Rhonda said...

Your leg looks a mile long in the picture. Ya'll look so happy (and tan).

And yes, I would love to go out for a drink SOON.

Kari said...

Priceless!

Kat said...

That picture is hillarious. You both look, oh what's the word... 'sober'? hee-hee-hee-hee

What a cute little girl with a big smile in her cute pink plaid outfit! :)

Tammy said...

How in the hell do you say laughing laughing fall apart while drinking?

Melanie said...

I love finding those old pics and remembering all the good times. Especially the young love ones!

Love the mullet.