Thursday, April 27, 2006

The good things are:

1) I got a surprise check for $125 today!!!!
Free money! Could it get any better than that?
The story is, my dear friend Mar came down to visit me oh, about NINE YEARS AGO!
I had paid for her return plane ticket and she said she'd pay me back.
Every year since, she'll bring it up that she didn't forget and she was still going to pay me back someday. That money had loooong been spent and I never cared if she paid me back anyway.
Nine years. And I get a check in the mail.
You kill me Mar. And I LOVE YOU!!!!

2) The Lummins are well again.

3) I saved $13 with coupons at Target today!!
I think I came in my panties. I had a Targasm.


The bad things are:

1) Everything in our fridge is now frozen. ??why??
Have to microwave milk before I can pour in cereal.
Cooked green beans do not freeze well.

2) My anxiety over the inevitable.
I am dreading finding the first scorpion of the season.
Bug Season has begun and I've already found numerous ants, spiders, and beetles. It know it's just a matter of time now. And after I find the first one I know they'll be more.
Have I mentioned before that I have serious scorpion anxiety?



A reminder to all:
MOTHER' S DAY IS MAY 14

here's a list hint of things I'd like this dwayne year.
Since your delivery didn't go so well last Mother's Day. I didn't even get a card. Or a caring treasure from the kids. No day off or pedicure at a spa.
I got taken to the mall, to the Apple Store more specifically and was told I could pick out an ipod.
Hold on, don't get me wrong here. I LOVE my ipod and was thrilled with the gift!
It was the lack of appreciation and sincerity for being a mother.

So this year, I'll tell you what I want.
I want you, all of you, to take the time to thank and appreciate your mothers. All the mothers.

And I'd also like some bath scrubby gloves, and a little thingy to go over the bathtub where I can put all my bath necessities (book, candle, glass of wine, soap, and hopefully new bath scrubby gloves).
I'd be most happy with anything from your heart, a well thought out expression of gratitude.

13 comments:

Kat said...

Ick... you said scorpions...

just one more reason to move to H-town where your kids and my sis's kids can be a part of Carrie's Nanny Service...

Hope you get something WONDERFUL for Mother's Day!! btw, I think you are an AMAZING mom and am just in awe at what a great mom you are!!!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Yuck on the scorpions and I hope you get appreciated this mothers day!

Anonymous said...

Ok-you say some funny things, but "Targasm" is the BEST thing that I have ever heard! If I actually saved $13 at Target, I do believe I would have had one also. Targasm--I will laugh all day long thinking about that!

Unknown said...

You slay me...I might have said Targasm, but I don't think I spelled it out the way you did.

Anonymous said...

Do you think the PR folks for Target might be interested in using your new phrase in future advertising?!

Hope you get something really special for Mothers Day from the Lummins. You deserve it!

I remember how thrilled I was to get those special homemade cards and projects from you and your sister. I probably still have them!

Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say that I'm glad the little ones are well! Now you can give them another big hug and kiss from me.

And, I also forgot to say, Marsha, what an angel you are! To keep that promise to pay J back after nine years! WOW!! Not many people would have done that after all this time. I know that J was thrilled to have you visit her back then. (I don't want to hear any stories from the two of you about what you did during that time.)

And, finally, the scorpion issue... that doesn't make me jump for joy thinking about moving to TX. Especially with your dad's reactions to stings and bites. If there is anyone that can have more anxiety or obsession over scorpions, it could be your dad! That's not to say that you haven't gotten me anxious about them, too! How do other Texans deal with the critters?

Elizabeth said...

I totally had a Targasm the other day.

Odd Mix said...

Glad the littl'lums are well. And that you... ah, enjoyed your trip to target.

If Dwayne would like then I can send the plans for the over-the-tub thing.

Tammy said...

Put the scorpions in the refrigerater. They can't bite if they're frozen.

Targams. You kill me.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

My hubby works for Target so not only do I save with coupons but I get 10% off everyday - yep I have multiple Targasims regularly. (don't be jealous - he dragged my butt to MN so I have to look on the brightside I guess).

Ewww scorpions - we had those when I lived in GA. Hated it. Always looked in my shoes before putting them on.

Hope you get what you want for Mothers Day

Amy said...

i love surprise money in the mail. i wait for it everyday.

send your hubby this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bath-Caddy-W-Book-Rack-New-Retail-49-95_W0QQitemZ4457712680QQcategoryZ38157QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sheri & SuZan said...

Since Target is my favorite store, I'm going to have to remember "Targasm".


That was Great! I know I read something about scorpions and bugs, but I just can't get over "Targasm" LOL

Me said...

I am NOT going to do as you asked on Mother's Day. Sorry. I just can't. Just because she gave birth to me doesn't mean she knew how to be a Mom. ;)