Monday, April 24, 2006

One of the things I love most about our neighborhood is that when we step out for a stroll it’s always a beautiful nature walk.
We see vibrant wildflowers alongside the street. Acres of trees, shrubs, and flowers. The rolling hills and rocky canyons.
Hawks and buzzards circle overhead against the bright blue skies.
We stop and name the people and dogs that occupy the homes we pass. We collect flowers, rocks, berries, and rolie-polies.
We stop and chat with the occasional neighborhood walkers and pets.
We watch the roadrunners skitter across the street, sometimes with lunch clutched between its beak. We watch and wait for the deer. Sophie will call for them to come, but that’s never actually worked.
We'll cross the street and listen for the babble and gurgles of the creek.

I often take Nik along on our walks and snap snap snap my way through 50 photos or so.

These are my favorites from our walk three times ago...
The yellow flowers blooming from the cluster of cacti.

yellow



stacking hearts


this one's my favorite
beautiful

12 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Sounds beautiful!

Leska McCall said...

Really lovely shots.

Tammy said...

Those are so very beautiful. I love flowers.

Anonymous said...

Great shots! Keep taking those wonderful photos.

Kat said...

You are getting so professional with your pictures! I love the second shot - kind of poetic - 'love hurts'. :)

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like connecting with mother earth....with children as they see their world in wonderful ways. You are teaching them so much Jackie!!! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, I think you've taken after your mother in taking close-up pictures of flowers and nature in general. Now don't you feel a little guilty for all those times you would roll your eyes at me, huff, and say "Mom!" when I would stop to get just the right angle and lighting for a great photo? It's okay, you were a teenager then and you didn't see the world the same way I did.

I love you! Keep up the great pictures and comments!

Sheri & SuZan said...

Beauatiful pictures!

Unknown said...

Wow, did you take these photos? They're fantastic!

Stacie Wagner said...

Totally love the heart cactus!!

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
pop up spam blocker business cards cosmetics blowjob

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »