Monday, January 09, 2006

I had somethig brilliant to say and then I forgot

What I do know is that if you are open minded enough and are not a homophobe you should go see the excellent film, Brokeback Mountain.
Beautiful cinematography and a great but tragic love story (plus the guys are HOT!).
It definitely kept me thinking for longtime afterward...

My two hot guys:
the boys

And I know I have two goals for the next few months.
1. Exercise
2. Don't smoke

I tried a jog/half walk this morning with the kids in the BOB up and down our hilly neighborhood.
Kicked. my. ass.
My lungs were on fire and I felt like I was either going to puke or pass out.
That's when I decided all those nighttime cigarettes I had smoked the last week were taking their toll.
No more.
An occasional smoke when I get to go out and have a few drinks is ok, but I cannot become a smoker smoker again.

And exercise feels good. I feel good physically and a whole lot mentally. I have more confidence and I am happier when I exercise. I have an easier time actually doing this when I am already exercising, the hard part for me is just getting started. So today I started.

And those are my goals.
Simple enough. I am going to write them on a piece of paper and tape them to my mirror so I see them everyday and remember.
Exercise and Don't Smoke.

12 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Good luck!

I need to get back on the exercise train! Slacked over the holidays and seeing as I plan to run a half marathon in a few months need to run again!

Mama Duck said...

You got out of the house to see a movie?

That's settled. We're driving to my old neighborhood and taking a run so you can enjoy the horses and chickens. Running can be fun!!

Kami said...

I was gonna say!! We have to have a few smokes next month!! SHIT!

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhm to bad daddy wasn't looking at the camera too.
Would have been a nice shot for my new picture frames.

Anonymous said...

Hi there and what cute guys they are...I would take them anyday! I am in Toronto working on a contract and will try to call this week...I did get your message but it was late on Sunday night.You have to see the movie WATER[ all you women out there] it will really have you thinking!!! Love you . Tell Sophie my honey bun and Holden my Snuggle bug that I am sending them kisses and hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

I think those are the 2 most handsome guys in the world. Well, maybe 2 of the 3 most handsome guys. Ryan is in the same league with them!

Hang in there with the "Exercise and don't smoke". You will continue to feel better physically and mentally. The way I get myself to exercise is to put a movie in the old VCR and get on the treadmill. Since I only walk for 30 -45 min. at a time, I don't get to see the whole movie, so I have to get back on the next day and the day after to see the whole thing. The more suspenseful the movie is, the faster I walk! This may not work for you, but since I don't watch much TV or movies, this approach works for me!

Anonymous said...

Oops! I forgot to sign off on my previous comment, but you probably already figured out that it was me.

Mom

Nap Queen said...

Oh, what a cute picture! I'll be smoking w/ you at the blowout for sure. I smoked for 10 years, and my lungs are still shot even though I haven't smoked in over a year. If you ever want to walk around town lake, let me know. I don't run though :(

Spikey1 said...

Running SUCKS!! ;)

And Im with TKW.. you got out and saw a movie???

Rhonda said...

That little guy is such a cutie! I am with you on the exercise thing. Must. Get. Started. Today.

Good luck!

Kat said...

I really want to see that movie! Good for you for getting moving... I still smoke in the evenings a lot (shh...don't tell my trainer) and my lungs seem to have adatpted over time... :) hee-hee bad influence! :)

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Glad you got the button up! Woo hoo!