Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Listen up Folks

I've been doing some thinking...

I started this blog a year ago.
I wanted a way for our far-away family and friends to keep in touch and feel like they were a part of our everyday lives. I wanted a place to tell funny stories about the kids and include Dwayne's thoughts too.
That part has been great!
(Although Daddy rarely comes to the blogsite to read or write these days.)

But sometimes I feel like I have to "tame" myself and can't really divulge TMI, for fear that family members or certain people may be offended.
There are days when I'd like to bitch a little more, or say "shit", or talk about things that may ruin your image of me as a good mom/wife/lady (ok, if you know me personally then it wouldn't ruin your image), or talk about things that some people just don't give a crap about.

So I've decided that although this is the "Lum" blog, it really comes from me. It's my point of view, opinions, and thoughts, and I should get to say whatever I feel like!
That's what I'm getting at here. I'm no longer going to write this for other people. I have other readers besides my family, and if I write about something that offends them, so be it. The content will mainly be the same here, but if someday I want to write fuck fuck fuck, then I will.
I have considered starting another blog of my own where I could do these things and keep it a secret from my family. But then that just gets too complicated for me...

Just thought I'd let ya'll know before you read something that makes you cringe and wish you didn't know me.

Happy Wednesday!

16 comments:

Tammy said...

GOOD for you! You go girl!

Kathryn said...

I say AMEN SISTER :)
Let's hear it!

Kat said...

Well, fuck, fuck, fuck. It's about time. hee-hee. This is going to be goood. :)

Kami said...

YEA! Another one who will get in trouble with me!!

Anonymous said...

Jackie, Jackie, Jackie, it must be the name. I have been swearing my whole life and letting others know my positions on politics, parenting, the war, us/canada relations, the state of the churches in 2006, etc. etc.etc.

Your mother-in-law has been my friend for 40 years and although I have seldom heard her use cuss words, she has never held it against me. In fact I take full credit for any bad words she knows.

I love reading your blog and look forward to pictures of you, Dwayne and the kids. It is often a highlight of my day.

Your expressive manner and thoughts on various issues gives me insight into the concerns that young women have and allows me to connect with your generation.

I encourage you to please yourself and blog away. Those who love you will understand even if occassionaly we are surprised, shocked and yes do not agree with you.

Love Jackie

Did the blue jacket stuff get there?

Unknown said...

I like it girl, I agree totally...BE YOURSELF...unlike my family who would shoot me if I tried. Way to go! I think this means I need to start a ME blog. Shh don't tell. Hee hee

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Woo hoo!

Say fuck all you want! HA its your blog and you can bitch if ya want to!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear some more cussing!

Jen said...

oooh! I'm excited to hear what's next!!!

Me said...

YOU'VE BEEN INFLUENCED BY MAMA DUCK!!!!!! BAH HA HA HA HA.

Spikey1 said...

I can stop visiting if that would help?

Rhonda said...

Wow, I have the exact same issue. I feel I must censor myself because my mom and other family read my blog. I too thought of starting a second one a la The Kept Woman, but that sounds like a lot of trouble and I don't have enough material for two blogs. I say good for you--speak your mind (and let me know how it goes in case I get up the nerve to try it myself).

Fabnormal said...

Good for you! Let the fucks flow freely. :)

Anonymous said...

Leave it to my wonderful daughter in law to want to speak her mind and my long time friend of all friends to say " you go girl" in a way that supports women be.....just that BE, be who they are and to say what they feel.
If I had a caution it would not be about using cuss words but rather the effect using them might have on your posituve outlook on life and living. Oh and Jackie remeber the day Sophie said Oh fuck, fuck how does this work..referring to her seatbelt and we looked wide eyed at each other and laughed? Thats life!!!

Unknown said...

Dude, you offend me with your foul language.

Anonymous said...

Have you been wondering when and what your mom would say about this? It's not that I've been biting my tongue for days at what to say to you. Nope, I've been out of town. So, I have 3 things to say to you. One, be yourself. You are who you are. Those of us that love you, love you because of who you are (f__ words and all!).
Two, I like your style of writing and I think others do, too. You should look into writing and publishing articles for magazines. You have quite a way with words!
And, finally, I say to you, I love you, unconditionally!! (I think you know that, but it doesn't hurt to say it again... and again... and again!)
And for all you others that read and respond to J's blogging, thanks for supporting her and loving her for who she is!

Love, Mom