Saturday, March 18, 2006

Fine, fine. If you must know. why the pain?
I have been paying off all my new shoes in hand jobs.

Seriously, I've had problems with my arms and wrists for awhile and have been going to physical therapy for months. Avoiding the medically technical terms, it's from carrying my near 25 pounder around all day, washing dishes 6 times an hour, wiping counters, cutting, cleaning, weeding, folding, blah, blah, blah...all the work of a housewife.
I'm like a 60 year old woman with arthritis.
It sucks though. It's not as if I'll be getting out of my mommy chores anytime soon.

I have been in major stress mode this week. And for what?
Stupid annoying stuff that I shouldn't even waste my time stressing about.
I need to relax.
My muscles have been super tight and I can't shut my brain off.
Is this the point where I go to the doctor and ask for some chill pills?

I just wanted to stay home and CHILL this weekend.
Nothing to do, nowhere to be.
It was the perfect day for that today. A gloomy, rainy day where you just want to stay in bed all day watching tv or curled up with a good book.
Well I didn't quite get to do that, but the children didn't wake at 5am and they both took long naps.
That's about as good as it gets around here.

We had some serious weiner love going on today as well...
weiner love

There's a Weiner in My Chair

OSCAR!

Oscar is constant entertainment for the Lummins. And me.
He jumps and dances around making Sophie laugh and shout "Weiner Weiner Weiner!"
You can snuggle him in your lap where he makes these sweet little Weiner whimpers and grunts. He does have this tendency to try and kiss you on the lips and slip you a little tongue though. And he's just the right height to lick the snot off Holden's nose and repeatedly give him a face wash.
But you gotta love the little Weiner.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's talk some more about the stress.

Unknown said...

I knew it...the hand-job thing...

STOP STRESSING or I'll come beat your butt.

Kami said...

I'm not so big on little weiners, but that dog is damn cute.

I hope that pain goes away soon. Jon was told that he may have rheumatoid arthritis. RA at 37??? Wow.

Sucky.

Beer works for chilling.

Nap Queen said...

You need regular massage. You should see if your insurance covers it :) That dog is so cute.

The Egel Nest said...

Lumsky -

Hand jobs and a weiner dog...

Just another day at the lums :)


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Tammy said...

Hand jobs, huh? You kill me.

But, maybe I should try it. I could certainly use new shoes!! :)

Spikey1 said...

I relieve my stress with hand jobs! ;)

Michelle said...

Girl you crack me up!

Stress is no bueno {{HUGS}}

Memphis said...

Hand jobs, eh? So, um, just how many more pairs of shoes were you needing to pay off, 'cause I got a job you can do and I was thinking about making a trip to Austin to look around and price houses.

I'm sorry. I'm SUCH a perv. Anyway, you don't have to put so much wrist action into it. Use your biceps and shoulder a little.

:O

I had to go to several doctors for a severe wrist injury for awhile in the past. It was no fun. I still have problems with that wrist sometimes, but not as much as I used to. Then again, I wasn't paying off any shoes or anything. I was just hurt.

Kat said...

That sucks about having that pain! :( Stress sucks. Drink more... I hear that helps ;)
What a cute little wiener!

Lori said...

Eventually things will get better. Until then, I highly recommend Ouzo. Slightly chilled, a few shots of ouzo just about equals a prozac. Makes me a much more fun mom and wife. :)

Odd Mix said...

Gotta have that weiner love :)

Unknown said...

I told you you were going to pay a high price for those new shoes. :)

Oooh, your little weiner is adorable.

Alli's Mom said...

Oscar is precious! I love the weienee dogs too...we have a b & t named Mollie. Aren't they just the funniest little dogs?

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »