Monday, March 13, 2006

first bites

Ok like I said, Holden doesn’t have any real friends himself yet, so Mommy decided to invite all our friends over for his Big Birthday Bash 2006.
Lots and lots of kids, food, cake, and booze! I don’t think you should be allowed to have a kid’s birthday party without beer. Am I right?

Holden had so much fun at his party, he was plum tuckered out by 6:30. So after he went to bed we opened his presents for him.
Just kidding, Sophie and her partner in crime only opened two of them.
cousins

As the host of a party it is somewhat difficult to fill all the responsibilites of a hostess AND lead photographer. I forgot to put forks out and I didn't get pics of all the guests. But hey that's what happens when you're drinking and trying to do 42 things at once!
I passed my baby Nik over to my cousin KK, another camera enthusiast who can fully appreciate a BAMF camera, and she and I grabbed some fabulous shots.

one year old

We had Holden's 1 year cheeckup at Dr.P's today. This boy is no longer slacking on the growth charts. High marks in all areas.
And great timing for our visit today because he's now sick and awoke a bagillion times last night with this HARUMPH of a cough that doesn't even sound human.

And now after two weeks of nonstop going,
I am completely and utterly exhausted.
Goodnight!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful birthday pictures! It looks like all of you had a great time!! Give the little ones a big hug and kiss for me.

Cara said...

Beer is definately a requirement! Hey, I know that your Dr. S is the same as my Dr. S, and now I wonder if Holden's Dr. P is the same as Payton's Dr. P. Is she in the office right next door to Dr. S's?

Elizabeth said...

Absolutely beer is a requirement. How on earth would you live without it?

Christie E. Little said...

Hunny, Cocktails are always mandatory at functions with more than 10 children. LOL.

You're girly is soooo sweet with her little "partner in crime." The mommy is looking gorgeous herself.

Your pictures are fabulous. I sooo need another camera!
xoxo
C

Kami said...

Yeah, Nik has beer at all of his parties. So, um, did Lucy's do that cake? I may have to drive down and get Nik's cake. UGH.

Rhonda said...

I love the pic of Sophie and friend. She looks so sweet.

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I like cake.

Kat said...

You mean to tell me that Holden was actually slacking on the growth charts at one time? You must be kidding. :)

Such adorable photos! Sorry I missed the fun, I volunteered my services to help with sis's kids last weekend to keep her sane. :)

Odd Mix said...

I absolutely love the look of shared amazement at the cake/candle on you faces. What a great picture. And, as Holden demonstrated, who needs forks, anyway?

Unknown said...

Beer, cake and cutsie little faces... Life is good in your part of blogtown!

Nap Queen said...

How cute!!! Looks like everyone had a great time.