Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Nearly every other time I go to pick Sophie up from her little preschool class, her teacher laughs and says "Sophie, tell your mommy what you said today!"
I brace myself. The first time I actually cringed, fully expecting to hear one of my expletives come out of Sophie's mouth. Hoping not to be disgraced, but fulled loaded with a defense about her older cousin's potty mouth, Wondering if she said the big F word or a nice Jee-zus Christ?! this is a church preschool after all.
Luckily it's been none of those so far.
The first story was the day her teacher bent over and Sophie lovingly came up, smacked her bum, and says "I got your boo-tay!"
And she amused them another time when she stuck her hand up her dress and announced she was "getting her wedgie out."
At least she knows all the appropriate terms for body parts (boo-tay) and will understand why Mommy wears a thong (you don't everr have to pull out your wedgie).
Thank goodness her teachers have a sense of humor!!
They think she is hysterical.
This week when Sophie told them all about the weiner dog, Oscar, staying with us they taught all the children the Oscar Meyer Weiner song!

I might just have to invite those crazy preschool teachers out for a beer night!
Then I can tell them all about Sophie's "hangovers."

16 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love it - that is hilarious.

Spikey1 said...

What no tampon talk???

Tammy said...

I once made a deal with one of Fumble's teachers. I won't tell you what he said about you if you don't tell me what he says about me. Mmmkay?

Rhonda said...

"Boo-tay" made me laugh out loud. Thanks, I needed that this morning.

Unknown said...

Wow.

Wait 'til she kits 1st grade. Imagine the material she'll have by then!

Michelle said...

Out of the mouth's of babes LOL

Little Man was at his Nana's, she bent over to get something when he blurted "Look at the big ol' booty" (At least he didn't smack her's like he does mine *sigh*)

Then sitting at home this past weekend he goes "What the (Mommy holds her breath, eyes get wide) heck?" Phewwwww

Kat said...

She is definitely your daughter. That is hysterical!!! boo-tay! :)

Odd Mix said...

My mom usually has a quote for me whenever my kids stay with her. I am always scared it will be something embarasing like "We play with horse poop!" or "Daddy always puts peperoni on pizza." Fortunately it is usually just something funny.

Tanya said...

Can't. stop. laughing.

Hilarious! :)
LOL

Candy said...

What a little ham!

Kami said...

LMAO! FUnny, funny girl. Yeah, I'm still waiting for something great to come out of Nik's mouth at his little church pre-school.

Sheri & SuZan said...

Too funny! Love what kids say. I had a Pre-K student tell me her mom cleaned houses for a nice man who paid her "like a million dollars". LOL. Kids are the best!

Nap Queen said...

LOVE the boo-tay comment. Sounds like little Sophie has some serious personality :)

Christie E. Little said...

"Hey Daddy...did you know that I have some things that look like eggs that are about to hatch. Mommy called them my balls...but I think they're almost hatching eggs," said my wonderful son.

Hunny..I know all about the Sophie Stories. I just happen to have a Sam. LOL.
xoxo
C

Sheri & SuZan said...

That's why I love kids so much. You never know what is going to come out of their mouth!

That was so cute!

Unknown said...

OMG she is so funny. I will have to teach Nate what boo-tay is!