Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'd first like you to take note of my new Flickr badge to the side over there. ---------->
Click on it and you can view my latest photos.

Next, I'd like to review the results of last week's poll.
The question was: Do you judge others by higher or lower standards than you use to judge yourself?
As I predicted most of us (85%) use lower standards to judge others.
I know for myself if I look in the mirror and see a small wrinkle, a bit of pudge, bags under my eyes, etc. I think look terribly ugly, fat, old, or disfigured. But were I to see the same imperfections on another, I might find them to be charming or a sign of character.
We are our own worst critics.

6 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I could not agree with you more.

I wanted to say I was watching sex and the city the other night well like I always do and I thought wow, lucky really reminds me of Sarah Jessica Parker!

Kami said...

We are indeed our own worst critics. We always see ourselves worse than others see us.

You, missy, have a perfect ass and perfect hair. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Kat said...

Soooooo true! I think you are beautiful and perfect in every way. :)

Rhonda said...

This really needs to change. Why can't we be more accepting of ourselves? I blame the media. :)

Jen said...

I am WAY harder on myself!
For instance, one of my husbands coworkers came over with his wife.
I thought she looked fantastic!
I was a bit jealous of her size until later when Dave pointed out that I was at least 10lbs lighter.
If SHE looked good at 10lbs heavier, why didn't I feel like I looked good?
I too wish it would change!

Unknown said...

It's so much easier to see someone else and dismiss their "imperfections".

As for you...yeah, I agree with Kami up there. There ain't a thingie on you that I would change...at all.