Monday, February 20, 2006

I'm Beat

This weekend was the Blogger Blowout Convention of 2006. And by "convention" I do mean a night of drunken fun downtown Austin with a bunch of gorgeous blogging women.

My dear friend Mama Duck (aka TKW) flew down Friday and stayed with us for the weekend. All the way down from The Land of Cheese and Snow, she brought both the cheese and cold along with her. Sophie was thrilled with the big cheese Mama Duck brought for her!

cheeeeeese!

It was literally freezing all weekend, with enough freezing rain Saturday night to shut down the major roadways as well. You know that we've had an absolutely beautiful winter, absent of real winter weather all season, but THE ONE weekend my friend comes from her arctic state to enjoy the warm weather here- it had to be icy cold. Brrrrrr!
No matter. Us girls still put on our party gear and had a blast!!

HOT!

I pondered taking my camera Nik out for the evening with us, but since he was quite expensive and the fact that I can barely be held responsible to hold my own beer sometimes when I go out, he stayed home safe and sound. The pictures I did grab from the weekend can be viewed here. I can't wait to see the pictures from all the other cameras capturing our sexiness and craziness of the night!

It was a wonderful experience meeting these blogging women, most of them for the first time.
It's like you know them already...you already know about their kids, their husbands, their likes and dislikes, their sex life, their jean size, their drink of choice, their losses, their struggles.... but then you get to put a face and a real live person behind the woman you know online. And have a blast partying with them too!

Our fun night downtown has left me a wee bit exhausted now though. After hitting the bars until closing time, dancing like the Dancing Queen that I am, smoking waaay too many cigarettes, enjoying many beers, being on my feet in my sexy 3 inch heels for about 9 hours straight, waiting for hours to get a cab home, and finally arriving home just after 4am- I am now compensating for the lack of sleep and rest with many many cups of coffee!
And I keep thinking how we MUST do this again!

15 comments:

Amy said...

I can't believe I'm first here! It was so much fun to meet you, but I KNOW I know you from somewhere else. It's going to drive me nuts until I figure it out. I'm so happy y'all made it home safely amidst the anarchy that is Austin under ice. At least you got to use the BAMF for some boob shots.

Sheri & SuZan said...

It was a blast! It was great to meet you and all of the other gorgeous blogging bitches! SuZan and I agreed-we were definitely feeling our age yesterday! Glad you got home safely. Maybe we should do this quarterly!

Spikey1 said...

Looks like a shit time was had by all! ;)

Nap Queen said...

It was so great to meet you!!! And I love the cheese as a chair, sooo cute :)

Tammy said...

Those are GREAT!! I'm sorry I missed the cookie decorating. Looks like it was tons o' fun!

It was great meeting you, you Dancing Queen!

Kat said...

For those of you who watch the slideshow and are wondering... that is part of a tampon that clever Miss Sopie pulled apart to use as a whistle. :)

It was great getting to see you and go out partying with you girly!!! Must do it again soon! :)

Kami said...

SHIT! TKW forgot to wear the cheese out!!!!

TheStolenOlive said...

It was so cold that my recently operated knee was not going to stand for any dancing that night. We need to do it again soon, when it is at least 70 degrees.

Glad yall made it home ok.

Me said...

I love seeing all the photos... too awesome! Love your shirts. Very 'glittery'! :)

Unknown said...

I vote for like March or April next year...this February cap-shot is just no bueno.

Christie E. Little said...

You hotties make me so jealous of the fun! I'm so glad you all had such fun and let me say...you looked great!

I scoped out the pictures yesterday with your flikr. Loved them!
xoxo
C

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

It was great to meet everyone and cant wait to come back to Austin when it is warm!

Loved the shoes they were totally worth the $98!

I will post soon seeing as I just got home and have to work in the morning!

Unknown said...

OH MY! I couldn't hang with all you hot blogger. Nice to see those shoes were worth every penny. Hope to do it again soon!

Memphis said...

Look at these hot women!

Leesa said...

You guys look great! Looks like it was a fun weekend :)