Tuesday, February 21, 2006

You learn something new everyday

Well who knew that the bottom of a Kotex tampon can also function as a whistle?

blowing on her tampon-whistle


When my friends TKW and Carrie were visiting this past weekend, Sophie dug out one of her *toys*.
They both looked at me as if I was crazy to let her play with the tampon.
"What?? It's a clean one!!" I told them. "I thought everyone let their kids play with tampons."
"Well not opened ones." TKW says.

Whatever. I highly reccommend using tampons for toys. Probably best for ages 0-4. After that age, they might tell their teachers on you.

The best feature of The Tampon is that it provides you with at least 10 minutes to yourself.
Need time to throw on your makeup? Break out the tampons.
Wanna take a dump in peace? Tampons.
Entertainment for the car? You know what to bring.

How can you go wrong with a toy that's so versatile?
Wrappers to crinkle and tear; tubes to pull apart and wear on your fingers, or even use as a whistle; strings to pull on... and many other great features!

Please tell me if there are any other creative ways your children/pets have found to use a tampon.

17 comments:

Kami said...

Uh....

Tammy said...

Chew toys for the dog.

Lipstick blotter for me (You know - when all else fails)! :)

Lori said...

My son thinks they're candy for some odd reason.

Odd Mix said...

My kids have never played with tampons.

They have, however, found many other, ah... ingenious play toys - rocks (as friends), a pair of duck heads (real ones. long story), mommy's diapers (maxipads stick really well to linoleum), horse poop (think snowball fight in the summer), etc.

Spikey1 said...

Wow, maybe I can tape like 20 together and make a hockey stick for the boy! Cool !

Unknown said...

I think we have a telepathic thing going on.

I know this sounds wierd, but when I was younger and I used to hear the wrapper crinkle on them I always thought of Twix bars.

Unknown said...

Same here. My kids think they are candy and are insistant that I share.

Amy said...

Lucky you are RIGHT for so many reasons, but I just can't get past the idea that it's wrong too. Too bad because Evan would really love this...

Kat said...

Hee-Hee-Hee-Hee-Heee

My mother would probably faint if Nicole let either child play with one. :) You crack me up!!!

As for the collage - I downloaded Picasa 2 with Hello! and it is an option. Select the pictures you want, click collage, pick the style, and you're all done. :)

Rhonda said...

You and TKW crack me up. I have noticed that Pooter always smiles really big when she sees me on the toliet with a tampon, but I never thought to give her one to play with. I don't know why, I give her everything else to try to keep her occupied.

Denise said...

They can also be used as torpedos, canons, finger puppets and really tall hats for some of the smaller action figures...

Anonymous said...

Tampons also make wonderful paint brushes! Yes, we too play with tampons around here, the only way Mommy can get the time to use one is to give Bradley one also.

Tina M said...

Oh, they are readily available for an emergency toy because you never leave home without one, There is always one buried in the bottom of your purse!!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

LOL that is hysterical. What a great picture of Sophie and she is so creative!

Nap Queen said...

Cheap fun, what could be better than that???

Anonymous said...

Who ever would have thought that there were so many other things you could do with a tampon! Whoever created/invented/patented them probably had no idea! (Do you think a woman came up with the original idea of tampons?)

I love your site, Lucky! I look forward to reading it. I have to admit that by reading the comments, I feel like I'm getting to know many of the others that comment (TKW, Spikey, Carrie, Flutter). I can see why so many people are into blogging.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Please buy my granddaughter a whistle. LOL

Grandpa Lum